Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...41

Pros
Cons

Best Car Ever

Jon, 08/05/2009
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Honestly, I think this is the best car gm made lately. We bought it in 03 with 26k on it and now it have almost 160k and I haven't had any Major issues at all! Only done preventative maintenance and it has never (I mean never!) let me down. I've gone all over the country, pulled a trailer for over 1000 miles at a time, hauled tons of stuff and it just keeps going. It has hands down outperformed any vehicle I have ever had. (including imports) we just purchased a lower mileage Yukon and I kept the Tahoe with my business. I'm going to see just how far it will go (I'm guessing 300k or so) we'll see!

not bad for a first ride

a newby, 05/22/2010
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I cant remember when we got this SUV, but needless to say it has been a very enjoyable vehicle. although the fuel pump did go out a few weeks ago. It was fixed and now its running pretty good. seats are great, sound system is great. the power windows, ehh, not so much...oh yeah. city mpg poor, highway isn't that bad. 'all round i rather enjoy driving a big mean evil gas guzzling suv. especially knowing that I'm destroying the environment (being sarcastic) lol. run the premium stuff around the table in it and the Tahoe will last.

Truck Saved my life, very well built

Mandi78, 12/13/2003
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I recently rolled my Tahoe over twice on the highway doing approx 60mph and literally other than being bruised up I walked away from the accident.. The truck also saved my baby (I am 9mos pregnant) and the baby is fine as well.. I must say the truck is top heavy I have always said that but it certainly help up well.. The only downfall now is that because the truck is so high priced the insurance company is fixing the truck (25,000 worth of damage). But defenately worth the $$$

Horrible car

K Daniels, 10/16/2009
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new Z71 with all the options. Truck now has 86000 miles on it and is falling apart. Transfer case and front differential gone, speedometer, heater fan, windshield wipers, mirror defrost, seat heater, fuel pump, U-joints, turn signals all not working. Truck needs over 5K of repairs. These are all items that should never go out, especially on a low mileage car. This is my 4th chevy truck. All others have gone 150+ miles without issues. GM is not building a product that will last and will not stand behind their product. I will not buy another GM product again.

Disgusted

Lisa Wilson, 03/09/2006
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Drove a '93 Suburban for 7 years and loved it! The Tahoe is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I believe the reviews depend on what the person drove before owning the '03 Tahoe. I only drive 20 mile to work and hate the drive everyday. It handles so squirrelly I have trouble keping it between the lines, like following a semi too close. Tires replace with Michelins trying to control this vehicle. The Michelins improved handling on rual roads but did not on the interstate. Intermediate shaft replaced at 16748 miles, crossmember replace at 35558 miles. Vibration at takeoff. Transmission slips. No ashtray in back. Can't get rid of it because its valued less than the payoff.

12345...41