Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$6,500

Used Tahoe Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Major Disappointment

jenniferreeves, 10/04/2008

My hybrid stinks - Gas mileage is 16 MPG - Intermittent noise under hood that GM says cannot be fixed - been in shop over 45 days now. GM District Service Manager basically called me a liar & told me the cars simply not broke in yet & I'm buying cheap gas at Shell. GM refuses to repurchase the vehicle & refuses to fix the problem because the noise is intermittent. Factory couldn't even test Hybrid Component to see if that's the problem! After being bullied by GM probably won't buy another GM vehicle! New technology not always great!

Not Happy

flsunlover, 02/25/2009

I traded in a BMW 745i for this vehicle for the space and 3rd row of seats. I was so happy at first, until things started breaking. First, every time i filled the gas tank up, the truck missed and wouldnt run. Something was wrong with the gas tank which allowed it to fill up too much. Second, a sensor went out causing me to almost not stop in a parking lot. Then, the hybrid system in the transmission went out. Now, my driver side rear door won't open and im taking it in tomorrow. Finally, I only average 16mpg city. This is nowhere near the 21 advertised on the sticker when I bought it.

OK

Gerardo Ochoa, 01/15/2008

Pretty slow. Saves gas though. Worth the 50 k in the long run. Not really into the whole green movement but this car is really nice.

A great ride

rdstoll, 04/16/2008

For a vehicle this size it is relatively quick and a fun ride. Handling is good, and most importantly, the mileage thus-far is performing up to stated claims. You can tell it is a hybrid as you drive it at lower speeds since it feels like you're driving an electric golf cart. Sometimes, there is hesitation from a dead stop as it decides whether to use electric, gas, or a combo of the two to get the truck moving. A minor quibble. Interior controls are intuitive and easy to figure out. It lacks some bells and whistles that vehicles of this price tend to have, however, such a programmed seating, heated outside mirrors, and 6-disc CD player. All in all, I love it!

Still fond of this SUV after one year

Craig, 02/09/2009

I have enjoyed this vehicle very much, especially during the summer of '08 when gas hit $4.00 a gallon. It rides very well, has lots of room and is quiet after 45,000 miles. I have had it in for extra service 3 times due to the hybrid transmission failing - first the modulator, then the transmission itself, then the modulator again. Fortunately the failures occurred close to home and the dealer was terrific in getting it repaired quickly. I am willing to put up with the hassle to get the excellent mileage for a full sized SUV.