Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Classic Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 2500HD Classic for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Nothing fancy, it just works

BrutusC, 07/25/2010

I bought this classic 2500 used and it was a steal at the time, as our economy was imploding and contractors were losing their companies and vehicles. It needed tires anyway so I upgraded the wheels/tires quite affordable and it looks sharp. Seat comfort is what won me over. The regular cab is smaller than the Dodge's inside, but with some ingenuity there is space for everything. Ride is firm but tolerable. Loaded it's pretty smooth. Empty you get a little bounce. Steering is work truck vague but it does not wander like some trucks. Reliability has been perfect in over a year of use, though I did have the steering clunk fixed under warranty recall. Great value truck.

No replacement for displacement

M Humphrey, 03/23/2008

Just traded a Dodge 1500 Hemi for this 2007 2500HD with the Vortec 8100 and Allison six speed automatic. Wow this thing really goes! It is better than the old 454 engine. I needed a lot of pulling capacity but did not need the expense of the DuraMax, this really fills the need. Gas mileage is about 12.5 mpg around town and 14.5 on the highway and it loves regular gas. Drivers seat is much better than the Dodge was. Steering is not quite as good, seems to wander at high speeds. Could be the E load tires compared to the 20" tires on the Dodge. Attention Dodge owners: Chevy dealers will not give you anything on trade if you have a 05-07 Dodge. Overall very strong truck.

Best Truck ever

Robert, 06/29/2008

Purchased to pull a trailer and love it so much it has become my daily driver. It has plenty of power and fuel mileage is acceptable due to the diesel and Allison 6 speed transmission. I live in snow country and the 4wd, heated seats, defrosters are all excellent.

Solid, nothing fancy, just what I wanted

Lawn Ranger, 02/17/2010

I bought my long bed Silverado 2500 6.0 v8 used. Due to market conditions this truck is now worth more than I paid for it 9 months later. I prefer the looks of this "classic" model vs newer Silverados. It gets about 10mpg in frequent stop use, with about 2,000 in the bed all the time. No complaints, as a previous compact V6 truck only got 12mpg w/ similar load . Comfortable seats, good visibility, I like the tighter handling vs light duty trucks that wallow, but ride is rougher unloaded. Buy this for work, not for macho image, there are better country cadillacs out there. So far, no issues w/ reliability. Def. recc bigger wheels for looks. My new wheels transformed it.

Great Truck!

Dominic Uliano, 02/14/2007

I am very impressed with this truck. It is the Duramax Diesel(LBZ 6.6l) with Allison Transmission. It's solid truck that drives extremely well. It is very quiet for a diesel. My kids actually fall asleep in it when we are on the highway because it is so smooth. Although, this truck has a lot of power! I like the body style but if I could change one thing it would be the tiny tires they put on this hulking truck. It really hurts the overall look of it and most buyers of this truck change them immediately anyways.