Used 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

What a piece of crap!!

Brittany, 11/28/2015
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this truck for 7 months now. I'm about to take it to the mechanic for the 5th time. The first month I had it the radio, back up camera, blinker clicks, horn honk, and USB port went out. At month 4 the ac went out. The transmission skips when you are doing a constant speed, the dealership told me it's because the "gears are wound so tightly the truck is having a hard time figuring out what gear to be in." The radio and back up camera have went out a total of 8 times, every time I take it in they say nothing is wrong when they run their diagnostics. I'm paying 600$ a month for a truck that runs like crap! I will NEVER buy another Chevy as long as I live. Save yourself the headache! The headlights went out tonight. So I have a truck less than a year old that I can't drive at night. This truck is a nightmare!

Colorado: You ROCK!

Doug, 08/07/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a Tacoma and a Frontier. Both were great trucks. The Colorado is the best truck I have had. It is comfortable. Smooth ride. Outstanding interior. Awesome exterior. The technology is top rate. I love driving it. I have received a lot of people checking it out and asking me about it. I am very happy with my purchase and would encourage others to buy a Chevy.

Good truck, Fun to drive, Terrible GPS

kens888, 12/22/2014
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Good basic 4 wheel drive truck, but not really small or mid size; darn close to our Sierra. Love the rear view camera. I only have 1,500 miles on it, but the gas mileage is only 17 around town and 24 highway. The 4 wheel drive has to be switched on manually and doesn't engage automatically when conditions require it. The lack of a CD player is compensated for by the 4 USB ports, although 2 are accessible from in the back seat. The seat heat seems to be a warmer at best, no real heat in the cold weather. Remote starting is a great feature, although we have only had the opportunity to warm the truck and not cool it. The GPS system is a wast of money, its like a 1990s Garmin. Adequately powered

Solid, Fun to Drive, Easy to Live With.

Bill Graff, 06/08/2016
LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Fist of all, Edmunds didn't let me choose the right truck model- LT Extended Cab 4x4 Long Bed with the 3.6L V^ and 6 seed auto. I bought my 2015 Colorado becuase I was tired of maneuvering my 2013 Silverado in town and getting just 15.5 MPG. The Colorado still has a 6 foot 2 inch bed, however it is over 15 inches shorter and 6 inches narrower than the fullsize pick-up. Just enough smaller to let the mid-size truck fit into normal parking spaces with some room to spare. The handling and braking are quite good and the 3.6L engine can make the Colorado move quite well, thank you. I drive the truck,not baby it and get very good fuel economy 21.8 mpg average (MPG dropped a bit now as I replaced the OE tires at 30K with a set of Wrangler Adventure W/Kevlar) in combined driving and up to 26mpg on the highway using 89 Octane gas. My single biggest complaint is the front seats. They are built for short, narrow framed occupants. Also, whey does a truck need a console mounted shifter to take up valuable space? A column shift would be much better. I am impressed with the build quality of the body. My Silverado was full of dash rattles and dour squeaks at just 15K while the Colorado has remained tight and noise free even at 30K. The paint job could be better as it has some visible tiger striping in the metallic. This seems to be a common defect on GM's robot painted vehicles. The 4x4 system and Eaton locking rear differential provide very good traction and the traction/stability control works quite well without being overly intrusive. I removed the nearly useless rear seats to gain more in cab storage. Only children would fit back there and I don't have any. If you are planning on hauling more than two people-buy the Crew Cab. All things considered, I really like my 2015 Colorado and would buy one again. These trucks are definitely worth a serious look.

Great truck but listing complaints here

vprgtsr001, 03/31/2015
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the truck. had it over 1 mo now. Have fully loaded z71 package but would like to see two things, heated side mirrors (really? common chevy) and second, collision and lane departure options available to z71 trim. i built the truck online and NOWHERE at the time did it say these safety options were only available to LT trim. When you clicked each trim it said you get everything from the trim before plus additional items. My fault for not confirming at the dealership but again, why wouldnt you make this available for your top trim. Thats like making leather only available for base model.

12345...11