Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good value
By Chuck Johnson

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We needed a new car after the previous one was totaled. I didn't do much research, we were just looking for a good buy on a low mileage used car. We found the Cobalt at a dealership. It was a loaner car with just 2211 miles on it, but a significantly reduced price for a mostly new car. It has been a great car. We're retired and have taken a lot of road trips. It's been to 47 states and 3 provinces for about 42,000 miles of travel. I just put on tires for the second time. Other than oil changes, that has been my only maintenance expense! The back seat is pretty cramped for adults, but the front seats are comfortable, and I'm a BIG guy. With the cruise control, it practically drives itself. Handling is great. I've gotten as high as 38 MPG on the freeway. It's usually about 33-34. 24 MPG is local driving. Oh, it also has a very small radar profile.

2010 Cobalt
By B. Frushour

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

5 Speed manual transmission. Few flaws, some normal wear and tare.

Check Edmund.com before buying
By Dr. Lattimore

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying check Edmund.com for the repair problem especially with the brake light staying on while driving. The problem existed with the 2008 and still continues with the 2010. Constantly at the dealership every 6 months and the dealership is not able to fix the issue

Fine for basic transportation
By Paul M

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2010 LT2 back in Nov 2009. Tons of problems within the first couple of years and the dealership I purchased it from refused to honor the warranty. Here's a few issues I encountered during my ownership:
1. The A/C didn't work the first time I tried it. Had to take to a second dealership for them to fix it.
2. Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree about a year later. Engine almost kept stalling while waiting at lights. Turned out to be some loose wiring.
3. Screw popped out of the steering column which helped to shut the turn signal off when straightening the wheel.
4. Power steering recall.
5. Ignition switch recall.
6. Poor handling.
7. Bad visibility.
8. Virtually no room in the back seats for adults.
9. Rock hard seats with little support.
10. Cheap plastic everywhere.
11. Poor build quality.
12. Car makes a weird creaking sound after a couple of minutes of being parked.

The list goes on. This car is not one to buy if you can avoid it.

Good Value for a Commuter Car
By Troy Crawford

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a commuter vehicle and it has not disappointed. I needed to be able to squeeze 3 kids in the backseat in a pinch, but knew that 95% of the time it would me driving to or for work alone. To be clear, it is a cheap car - the interior is not fancy, it comes with very few features and it does not have the performance of the 250hp sports car. However, it does get from A to B reliably and I have had no maintenance issues and my actual mileage is around 34 mpg.

To be clear, if you are attempting to impress dates or beat people of the line, it is not the car for you. If you are looking to for a cheap sedan which for a daily driver which can fit a few passengers in a pinch, you are going to be hard pressed to find a better value.