Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

It's Alright
By Timon

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first glance this car caught my attention. Sporty inexpensive and fuel economic! This car drives smooth. Power is OK. Exterior is OK as well but overall this car was a great purchase. And yes the cup holders were a bad idea!

Torque exterior styling (sport coupe)

Cup holders, engigne trim (they should of had a more powerful option I. E. Turbo, supercharger)

Good Car
By April

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a few years ago and overall I have been pleased. I had to replace my fuel pump about a year ago. Also one of the window motors went out (still haven't fixed it!) the sir conditioning does buzz, but I've gotten used to that by now. My dashboard has cracked in 2 places, and I'm not too thrilled with that. The gas mileage is great though and my favorite part about the car! The cup holders are in a terrible spot. I don't know whose bright idea that was, but they need to be slapped. Overall, I have no regrets. It gets me to where I'm going effectively and efficiently.

Great gas mileage!

Move those blasted cupholders to a more convenient location!!! And fix the buzz in the air conditioning!

Best Car Ever!
By Tonya

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 7 miles on it in 2002. Since then I have pretty much driven the heck out of it. Had a rear light replaced and emissions sticker put on as far as the recall, but the only major thing I've replaced was the fuel pump. I'm pretty hard on cars, so of course I've had general maintenance work, including brakes....and maybe a tire or 3. This car gets great gas mileage, even with the A/C on. I drive all over, so I needed something economical. This makes my 3rd Cavalier. Previously I owned a 1988 and 1994, both were great cars. I will drive this car til it falls apart, since GM discontinued it. This car has been the very best. Plus, it's completely paid off!

Everything works! Excellent acceleration, idles quiet, no wind issues while driving, great stereo, dark interior (so you can't see what a slob I really am), and it's cute. Easy to maintain, and easy for a do-it- yourselfer like me to repair. Parts are always in stock, and fixing it up is inexpensive.

Ok...I didn't have any problems with my cupholders being in front of the climate controls til I came to this site, I was just glad I had more than one. Now I'm really wishing I didn't have to move my cup to turn the air on. What a burden. Jeez...no big deal. it's worth the effort in a small car.

Back Luck again with Chevy's
By ptrecek

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love the general look of Chevy's however, I've had back luck with them for some reason. Transmission in this car went out at 65,000 miles. Car stalls at red lights when the A/C is running.

Great gas mileage. Plenty of pep.

Move the cupholders. Outside sound management.

Good for the money
By Anomaly21

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavaliers never claimed to be anything that they wern't. This car has over 90k on it and is still running strong. The only thing that we've done with it is replace the original battery and do the regular oil changes, air filter replacements and fluid checks etc. The ecotec is a low maintence engine and they are still using it in the Colbalts and the HHR's. Parts are mostly cheap, 14" tires are cheap. You're not going to get great performance out of it unless you mod it a little, monotone interior is no frills but all your needs are there. Cup holders are a problem, cups will cover your climate control & if you have the 5 speed manual, your going to be hitting your cups when you shift.

Reliability, Decent exterior, better then average sound system. Manual tranny is fun to drive, still feels tight after 90K + Miles. Good gas mileage.

Doesn't matter they dont make them anymore but if they did; Reduce wind noise, upgrade interior design, locate cup holders in a better location. Add more options for engines. Increase side impact saftey.