2017 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Yellow SS Convertible Weekender
By SpeedkingATL

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is an occasional driver for me, not a daily driver thus it meets my needs perfectly. The only negatives with the car to me are: 1-Small backseat (doesn't matter to me at all as I use it as a 2 seater). 2- Low gas mileage on Premium (don't drive it a lot so not an issue) 3- Small trunk ( but extra storage space in back seat so not really a big deal). The positives: 1- Strong V8 power 2- Great handling 3- Just damn fun to drive. 4- Can't buy more performance for the money. The only other negative is that the paddle shifters on the automatic tranny are a little slow to react so just put the car in Sport or Track and let the auto do its own work when driving agressively. I've only put 2000 miles on the car so far but it has been bulletproof. Top fits very well with no leakage.

My Ex Calls it my MLC
By JerichoNP

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Who cares if this is a mid-life crisis???? This is the funnest car to drive I've ever owned. I was worried about the 4cyl Turbo, but my son, who is a mechanic, talked me into trying it. It claims to be capable of getting 30mpg on the hwy, and it probably does if you keep your foot out of the floormat. But so far, I've had a hard time doing that. This car is so tight in all aspects - handling, acceleration, styling, technology. I have the Rally Sport edition,

Nice for a Base Model
By Dan

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I only owned this car for a year but I did enjoy it for the time I had it. The turbo 4 was peppy when mated to the 6 speed manual transmission. It sits very low to the ground, which is to be expected. The long nose meant you have to be really careful when parking or turning into or out of steep entrances. The window switches were in an odd spot. I loved Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. When on calls though, people said they could hear my signals during the call. Thank goodness for the backup camera because rearward visibility was almost non-existant. Gas mileage was good but offset by the fact that premium/supreme fuel was required. It had a hill-start feature that prevented rolling backwards when on hills. I didn't really care for that. There should've been a way to disable the feature. I also didn't care for the electronic parking brake. The push button start sometimes didn't work properly and at times the smart-key wasn't detected. Seat comfort was good but I would've liked more supportive head restraints as in the Mustang and other Ford cars. The center console was a bit awkward as it had a long edge that served no purpose other than to open it. Once opened there was hardly any space for anything. It would've been nice to have an overhead console/storage area for sunglasses as there is no other place in the car for them. This was my same complaint on my 2012 Mustang. Overall though, I really enjoyed the car but just needed something a little more practical. Maybe in the future I'll get one again for a 2nd car.

You will not find a better sports car pricewise
By Jonathan Lloyd

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned new Porsches, BMW's, Jaguars and this car runs right with them for 1/2 to 1/3 the money. Very well engineered, quality build, really fun to drive. Don't waste your money on a marquee import.

Lovin' My Gorgeour Silver Ice V6 1LT RS 'Vert
By CruzinQueen

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My previous car, which was hands-down the best car I have ever owned, was a 13 1LS V6 Manual Camaro - plain Jane. The new ride is a phenomenally equipped bargain of a car with loads of performance. I wasn't sure about going from a stick to an auto, however the speed and ergonomics of the paddle shifters have made those concerns disappear. There is even a quick downshift feature you can engage by holding the left shifter - it will automatically put the tranny in the lowest allowable gear and the car will snarl! I added an after market axle-back (same type I had on my 13) and the car really sounds amazing. The drop-top is fluid and folds down nicely, much like the Corvette, with the touch of a button. No boots to deal with, just a slick tonneau. This car looks like it costs a lot more money than it did and I get tons of complements. The silver ice paint is a perfect complement to the techy, sharp lines of the car and the RS package compliments the style even further with upgraded LED lighting and 20" wheels. The car also drives AMAZING - the sport mode gives the wheel a nice, tight feel and hugs the road. The chassis is stiff and sporty and the wind noise and cowl shake are way better than any other 'vert I have owned. Finally, the seats are extraordinarily comfortable for my 5'6" female frame. I have lower back arthritis that is aggravated by poor lumbar support. I can drive this car all day with zero pain! I LOVE my new convertible! Highly recommend it.