2017 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The best Camaro ever made!!!
By Travis

2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

If you like fast, reliable, and fun, this is your next car!

My last Chevrolet ever!
By Not at all satisfied

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have had numerous Camaros, from a 1967 RS Convert through 2010 SS, 2014 SS2 convert, and recently purchased a 2017 convertible new. The hood and trunk area were absolutely filthy with mold/mildew and I had some funky issues with electronics on and off. But the worst was that you couldn't run the a/c unless the wipers were on (Florida) because the a/c pushes through the defrosters constantly. the dealer first said live with it, I found the fix from GM myself and after 2 weeks in the shop and a broken windshield they gave it back, said it could not be fixed and they were done as they said GM claims the car functions as it was engineered...so I spent thousands more to get them to take it back and buy a 2018 that doesn't smell like mildew, where the electronics seem to work very well, but the a/c still fogs the window terribly every morning. GM wouldn't help, nor did the dealer...I have purchased my last Chevy/GM product!

ZL1 is a true coupe
By Michael Skolnick

2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Any sports car has always tradeoffs. Small back seat is always the norn. Most sports cars or ample or slightly above average in cornering / straight line acceleration / not usually both. The ZL1 is an amazing powerhouse & can handle curves like a top European race car. This is a 6.2 liter, LT4 making 650 horsepower & 650 torque. The car is a blazingly fast. I have the 6 speed manual, some will opt for the 10 speed auto. The car is just a mechanically amazing to drive, it takes whatever you can dish out. The power levels on this car are way above 90% of anything else & can keep up if not surpass cars costing 3x the money. Chevy is amazing what they made with the final product of the ZL1. Truly an engeering marvel.

Even 50yr old women like the 50th
By Brigette

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Hands down the best performance car I have driven, even compared to a Ferrai 458 Speciale. The only annoying part is the forced shift from 1st to 4th. I intended to only drive it on weekends, sticking to my Malibu for daily driving, but you only live once. The gas mileage can be impressive if driven properly on highway, and 18mpg city.

Yellow SS Convertible Weekender
By SpeedkingATL

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is an occasional driver for me, not a daily driver thus it meets my needs perfectly. The only negatives with the car to me are: 1-Small backseat (doesn't matter to me at all as I use it as a 2 seater). 2- Low gas mileage on Premium (don't drive it a lot so not an issue) 3- Small trunk ( but extra storage space in back seat so not really a big deal). The positives: 1- Strong V8 power 2- Great handling 3- Just damn fun to drive. 4- Can't buy more performance for the money. The only other negative is that the paddle shifters on the automatic tranny are a little slow to react so just put the car in Sport or Track and let the auto do its own work when driving agressively. I've only put 2000 miles on the car so far but it has been bulletproof. Top fits very well with no leakage.