Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews

Used Aveo for Sale
Select your model:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Hard Core Driving of an Aveo

Lenny Cieslak, 06/13/2008

I am a social worker for the Commonwealth of KY and cover 13 counties of my region. I have driven my Aveo over 45,000 miles in less than a year over mountainous roads (gravel, two-lane black top, and four lane highways. My Aveo has done excellent! I paid less than $14,000 for a fully loaded red beauty with sliding sky roof, air, auto, & alarm. It has been flawless. I even hit a 100lb deer at 60 MPH and only damaged the hood & grille. It took the licking and I never had to park it, but drove it every day since.

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues

krystalb1, 06/18/2011

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Cosmos turns 12 yrs in 6 months (July 2019)

Gray Lance, 12/12/2018
LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

"Cosmos" my 2007 Aveo sedan- he is 'Cosmos' gray - has been a great little car. I have yet to put 60,000 on him, but coming up on that. Other than tires (at the usual rate) and oil changes every 3,000 miles -- he is a gem of a guy!! Had to replace one tail light because neighbor kid put hole in lens with b.b. gun. My nephew replaced the spark plugs this winter and accompany wires as felt that after 11 years Cosmos needed some extra attention. Have not regretted buying this car and hope to keep him for another 10 years+.

My first car, my first baby

Claire B., 12/19/2015
5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought this car back in 2007 brand new when I was 13. He paid it off and when I got my driver's license, he gave it to me. I loved this car. It had all the bells and whistles at the time. Overtime things did go wrong though. The drivers door lock fell (common problem apparently), hinges were creaky and stiff, headlights burnt out constantly, and it did not hold up in accidents. That last one always made me somewhat scared to get in my vehicle. My first accident was in 2011. When I got t-boned in a parking lot. At 10mph my front axel was bent and my drivers door hinge was crumpled. Problems were fixed but never solved. Unfortunately a month ago I was rear-ended and because of the poor quality of this vehicle, it caused more damage than what the vehicle was worth. Being a 2007, it only had 54000 miles on it. I said my goodbyes today and am now beginning my search for a new car. It wasn't great quality but it was never meant to be. It was however a great first car.

Peggy's Review

peggy629, 09/02/2006

I like my new Aveo, but the gas mileage is not what I expected or was reported. I think it should have a switch where you can lock doors from inside.

12345...20