Used 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Leaves you stranded!
By Notworthit

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new off the lot for my son. If you want it to last more than 70k, then don't get it. Has left him stranded from work, school, and home 5 times. Crank Shaft sensor at 60k, Radiator problems at 65k, engine blew at 70k, and transmission shifting problems at 71k. Not worth the headache for an "American car" that has parts from Korea. Should have purchased a honda/toyota but unfortunately they didn't offer smaller cars back in 04. Never will I buy an American car again, completely unreliable and of course it all happens after the warrenty runs out. Bought new for $14,200 and have put in $3000 in repairs in the last 3 years! That's not normal!

Moon roof, cd player.

There should be a button that you press to unlock/lock doors. Maybe Chevy could take this Aveo off the market, that would be an improvement, or perhaps a serious overhaul would be in order?

Lil' Scottish carI
By Walt

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I saw them in Europe and bought one of the first U.S. ones. I rent and drive many cars and always am happy to get back into my Aveo. Drove 800 miles and it was a pleasure. Like any car they must be maintained. Aveo is very easy to service!

It has a unique quality unto itself. Whole is greater than the sum of its parts? Very well thought out little creature.

Armrest in console would be nice.

WAS a great car!!
By grg011668

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car. The gas door cable broke for the 3rd time & last time - didn't fix it again. I was the only owner/driver. GREAT gas mileage. I do a lot of traveling & the car was comfortable. On a trip to Houston this week, the timing belt broke. Turns out this is a known issue - covered by recall up to 60k miles. My car had 59335 miles. After the 60k, should it happen again, I'm out of luck. So the car got traded for a Colorado. Lots of other little things have gone wrong with this car, but that's to be expected for a first year model. Otherwise, the travel aspect - comfort & mileage - were wonderful!!

MP3 Stereo, fully adjustable seats.

Too much road noise, needs better cable for gas door, longer coverage and more notice for recalls.

I love my Chevy
By ilovemychevy

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend this car great gas mileage, great for single people, great to go to and from work in.

Gas mileage

The seats are uncomfortable, little back seat

Do not buy this car!
By Andreana

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not built for our environment. Sure it's good on gas but it's not reliable. I bought my car new, and it's been in the shop 13 times in 2 1/2 years. They have gone into my engine twice to fixe problems, and had to rebuild it. I've had 4 different oil leaks my a/c has been fixed 3 times, my brakes were coming loose and the list goes on. So please if you are reading this do not buy this car! It's a cute car but it's not worth the trouble.

I like how the controls to open and lock the doors are apart of the key itself

Stop making this car or make it bigger so you don't have problem with the engine.