Used 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Repowered
By Mike

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd one and I love it. I live in the Northeast and do about 35-40k a year majority of it is highway Had to replace the engine and tranny at 218K and won’t give it up. First trucks engine went at 285k. Body is in great shape so it was worth it. Can’t touch a new truck for the new drive train cost.

Great Vehicle - Too bad GM dropped it
By Allen

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Not many left with low mileage. Really versatile vehicle. Drives great, can tow heavy load.

Impressive reliability
By Tom

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the car new and has been unbelievably cheap to maintain. At almost 25k my Chevy pride was tested as I suffered the semi common active lifter issue and had the camshaft and lifters replaced under warranty. This has been the one and only time my check engine light has come on in just over 90k. I do all of my own work on all my vehicles. Other than tires (just installed the 3rd set)& oil changes( full synthetic only, changed when oil life gets to 30%) I replaced the air filter at 50k exchanged the trans fluid at around 60k for maintenance, replaced the 4 tire sensors when the first 1 died around 70k, first rear brake job and replaced the front sway bar links at 90k. Everything else (including all the exterior bulbs) is factory original. This truck has been incredibly reliable and has been used daily, long trips and for towing. Highly recommended truck very comfortable to drive, gets between 500-600 miles of range on long highway trips. I've towed multiple times including enclosed trailers full of stuff and project cars and the car handles it like nothing has changed.

Gotta Love the Av
By Av Daddy

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Avalanche. First a WBH 2004 and now 2011. Would buy another one if they still were being built. Reliable, dependable, comfortable, and one of a kind. You gotta love this beast!

The reasonable man's Cadillac Ext
By Ross

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you're looking for versatility and luxury look no further than the Avalanche LTZ. I couldn't decide between a large SUV or a pickup truck for my farm needs and driving my kid to school. I always liked the look of the newer escalades and the avalanche, and having owned a deville DTS, it's easy to get spoiled by interior comforts, like heated and cooled leather seats. The ride is very smooth for a truck, the auto ride suspension takes control of bumps and hills. The Bose stereo sounds great and can be upgraded fairly easily, along with the read flip down DVD. Having a removable cover on the truck bed is key, fitting 6 bales of hay without even taking it off. That plus the midgate option makes this the most versatile truck on the market in my opinion. Why they stopped making them in 2013 is beyond me. If you are lucky enough to find one for a good deal, hold onto it.