Used 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Avalanche for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2009 Chevy Avalanche LT2 4WD

Bulldog, 12/31/2009

We had been looking at a new truck/SUV to replace our 92 Blazer & 97 Chevy truck. The Avalanche was the best match for us, with 4 full size doors, hauling capacity and able to tow 5000 lbs of boat and gear. We got it on sale Labor day and have been having fun with it ever since. The ride is very good even with 4 big guys in it. Plenty of power for towing even up the steep Sunol and Altamont grades in the Bay Area. The 2009's exterior is much better looking now that Chevy got rid of all the plastic side panels and when back to matching deep painted metal on all sides.

LTZ owner

Roy, 05/13/2010

This is my second avalanche going from a 2002 to a 2009. More bells and whistles but the performance is better in the 02.Some short changes on the 09 are sun visors 02 had 2 on each side,09 has one per side. No extenders on the 09,two on 02. Only one light in bed area, 02 had one on each side. 09 is air tight when doors are closed radio and nav are excellent. 02 still in family only different driver. Now has 90,000 miles on 02 and never been back to the dealer. Hope the 09 proves this good.

Luxurious avalanche

Ayden James, 08/09/2017
LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I got a 2009 blacked out avalanche the other day I have been wanting one for awhile now and I finally got it I appsolutely love it.

Truck without the truck

Jim, 03/14/2019
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great vehicle truck ability without the normal truck looks Comfortable driving great towing. Not real quick to start at green light but it’s a heavy vehicle

Absolute best buy!

Jmwsmith, 02/28/2020
LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It's not just a sport utility truck, rather it's the best that Chevrolet could offer in ways that remind you of the El Caminos. Just love this truck. My 3rd Avalanche.