Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews

Used DTS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

American--and proud of it

JFS777, 04/01/2008
Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Platinum DTS runs rings around the 2000 S-Class I traded in. Couldn't believe what Mercedes wanted for a new one! Are they kidding? Definitely not worth it. The Caddy gives me everything the M-B did--at over twenty grand less. The ventilated seats are great. My next new car will again be wearing the wreath-and-crest and not the three-pointed star.

FUel economy disappointing

Chuck, 12/05/2009
Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several full size cadillacs including a 2006 prior to his one. The 2006 DTS averaged 25 MPG on the road or better,whereas this one averages closer to 23 MPG, I find this to be quite disappointing, otherwise I am very pleased with the car.

Most Bang For Your Buck

Caddy Daddy 2K19, 12/25/2019
Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned my first car when I was 16, a 1994 Honda Accord. Then, I upgraded to a 2002 Lincoln Continental when I turned 20. Next, a 2004 Cadillac SRX when i married, had a baby and turned 23. I am now 33 and drive a 2008 Cadillac DTS. I recently bought this car 10 months ago with 84,000 miles for $7,500. I’ve had to do some routine maintenance (brake, bearing, battery, a couple spark plugs) since i bought it. I attribute this more to the small dealership than a testament to the reliability/durability of the DTS. Even after sinking a couple thousand dollars into this beast since purchase, it’s still a great buy. I revamped the audio system, adding dual 12” subs in the trunk and JL audio speakers and tweets throughout the cabin. I will also be throwing Vogue whitewalls on this big boi once the winter is over. Don’t feel the need to replace the stock rims as I really like them. My Lac has a landau roof and looks so classy. Too classy. Had to go bad grandpa and throw a giant naked chrome lady (Sabrina) on the hood. Car now looks sufficiently G’d up. Macs drive Lacs. The interior is a creamy linen throughout. Upgraded to some custom Lloyd mats with the Cadillac name written in script. Also put in Cadillac crest logo welcome-lights for the front doors at night. Classy. The front seats are heated and cooled, rear seats are heated. Steering wheel is heated. I added a car alarm and remote start. It’s heavenly having a warm seat and nice cozy car on these cold New England morning. The car is a beast to maneuver and park for the uninitiated. I’ve always been a lover of large American sedans, so I be wheelin. There are nice wood accents throughout the cabin. Not sure if the wood is wheel or not but it all looks nice. I love some good, clean, creamy beige interior leather, my goodness. So plush and luxurious (for the pricepoint). The stock radio was hideous, i did not have the model with the dvd navigation screen. No worries, ripped that garbage out and threw in a kenwood touch screen. The seats are comfortable and the car is fun and comfortable to drive. Lots of compliments from all age groups and genders. People love the car, it’s a real head turner. I’ve heard of issues and criticisms regarding the 2008 Cadillac DTS. I did not buy the car new. I did not pay $50,000 for a platinum DTS with an oil leak. So I can only speak to my experience. For $7,500 84,000 miles there is no better balance of luxury and price. There just isn’t. This car is in the class of 300, Lucerne and Town Car. This is not a sporty car to whip around corners. This is a large, luxurious, good ol’ fashioned American land yacht. I know the upkeep involved in maintaining such a vehicle. If you’re worried about gas mileage or paying for premium gas and full synthetic oil and leather wipes for the seats and doors and weekly carwashes ... this is not the car for you. Furthermore, this is not the car company for you. You might want to drive a Kia. This is not a Kia. This is a Cadillac.

north star disaster

emalmer 1, 05/28/2020
4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

guess where the starter is...under the intake...$28.00 torque convertor solenoid repair..$2300 to change..most northstar engines use 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles..head gasket repair..which will happen to all northstar engines soon enough...big bucks..i've owned 4 northstar cadillacs...sorry..but engineering disasters waiting to happen..

No Quality Control

Bart, 09/29/2008
Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car is comfortable and handles well for a large car. Car has been in the shop, at 500 mi and at 2000 mi, for drivetrain and electronics problems. Paid $55K + for this car and was not offered a loaner car by this dealership while the car was in their shop. This will be the last American car that I purchase!

12345...6