Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews

Used DTS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Glad I didn't sell my Merc Grand Marquis.

rdownie, 03/30/2014
Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Two years ago, I purchased a 2008 Cadillac DTS with 62,000 miles. It was to replace my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with 156,000 miles---now 163,000. The Cad looks and runs like a brand new car, but the ride is not near as nice as my aging Grand Marquis. Lots of road noise on city streets. Plus, too many buttons to push---very distracting. I would have bought another Mercury, but Ford wrongly decided to not manufacture them any more. The Mercury does not have as many distracting buttons to push and the ride, both city and highway, are much, much better. Headroom in the Cadillac for the driver's side is poor. I am 5'11" and 230 lbs. I have to move the seat to the maximum down and rear positions, plus relocate the steering wheel to the maximum up position, in order to get in without bumping my head on the door frame. In my 60 years of driving, I have owned many luxury cars. This Cad is the worst of them all. By the way, my wife, much smaller, loves the car, or I would get rid of it immediately. The Cadillac recently developed an oil leak in a cover on the front part of the engine. The Cad dealer wanted $2,900.00 to repair this mild to moderate leak, stating that the entire engine has to be removed to make the repairs. Ugh to Cadillac and General Motors. Another distraction is the speedometer display. When the morning sun is up, you cannot read the dash lights. And, turning the headlights on to the maximum does not help any. No more Cadillac's for me. This is not a car for the un-rich owner. Driving into the Cadillac Dealer costs an arm and a leg for even the smallest services. I have traded this Cadillac off for a new KIA Optima. Not as many buttons to push but the compact KIA handles better and is more comfortable than the "Luxury" Cad. As previously said----no more Cadillac's for me.

wish i had my 2000 deville back

dan beth, 09/25/2009
Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i was the proud owner of a 2000 deville and just loved the car! my wife decided to upgrade & we bought the 2008 dts. i think the new one is not as quiet or smooth as the 2000, also it has that same whining noise at approx 15 to 30 mph i read about in another review, also it gets somewhat sluggish at 45 mph, no idea why it does that. the 2000 had much softer & comfortable seats, anyway my wife loves the car but i'm very disappointed, no way should it be 51000 dollars on the window!

American luxury

Don, 10/21/2008
Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Handles better than the '05 Deville I traded. Smooth power from the V-8 with decent mileage for the size of the car. I get 26 mpg on the Hwy. Comfortable and quiet ride in American luxury tradition, yet still decent handling. Good value for the money.

PMCaddy

Phyllis Milne, 10/26/2016
Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable, luxuriously comfortable, excellent handling, very low mileage car.

Our 2008 DTS

L. Tong, 12/11/2008
Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We owned our third Cadillac on August 31, 2008. Overall the 2008 DTS is comfortable and the engine has a lot of get up ond go. However, 2008 DTS appears to be noiser than my previous 2002 Deville. From the front of the vehicle gear noise can be heard between 25-30mph. release the accelerator and the noise is gone. Below 25 or above 30 mph the gear noise cannot be heard. Suspect the transaxel. The side seat buckles in the back seat are set down too far making it difficult or next impossible for an average size adult to connect the latch to the buckle. Question, have the car companies stopped using undercoat on vehicles?

12345...6