Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews

Used DTS for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Great purchase.

myeaglelimo, 08/13/2009
Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle a year ago. I run a limousine company, American Eagle Limousine, and the Cadillac DTS is the customers vehicle of choice. It surpasses the Lincoln Town Car in exterior design. My client are always complimenting on how "smooth" and "bump free" the ride was. The car is a head turner and has been extremely reliable. I purchased this vehicle at 7,500 miles and it has well over 100k on it as of August 2009. I have not experienced any engine problems. The only problem I experienced is with the rear cup holder, which has cheap build quality. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I will be purchasing more Cadillacs in the future.

Wanted to love it...but in the end...didnt!

phillip_g, 03/12/2015
Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved Cadillacs since I was 5 years old and rode with my Granny everywhere in her many Cadillacs over the years. I am not the typical age of the traditional Caddy buyer. I like the size, comfort, and style of large American Cars. Family has always driven Caddys or Lincolns and I carry on that tradition with a great amount of pride. Purchased Certified-Used in early 2011, traded a 2005 Deville DTS that I loved. The 2008 DTS is NOT a sports car nor is it intended to be. I am so very disappointed in its reliability issues not only for the cost but also for sentimental reasons.

American Luxury Car

Ralph, 06/28/2008
Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a BMW 745 for a Cadillac DTS. The Cadillac lacks some of the more sophisticated technology of the BMW but it is easier to maintain, it rides beautifully, and is easy to get serviced. Consumer Reports recommended this car for reliability in part because it dispenses with some of the cutting edge technology and, instead, provides reliability and a more affordable price. The large trunk and back seat and good for carrying more passengers and luggage. We use this car as a road car for longer trips. It takes regular gas, parts are easy to get and there is an extensive dealer network. GM has done an excellent job with this car.

Miss my old Caddy

caddygirl4life, 11/11/2012
Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 DTS is sexy, I have been driving a caddy since 16 and have owened through the years 10 plus cars (caddy's) always upgrading to a newer year... The 2008 is the first caddy I brought brand new and I have to say the even though I think the car looks good, the ride is just not there. I really miss my 97 deville concours and wished I never upgraded.

2008 DTS Luxury III

2008 DTS Luxury III, 09/11/2010
Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2000 DHS for the 2008 DTS Luxury III Platinum model and regret it. My old DHS was a great car with a bad transmission. I had a few problems and tried to contact the "help" line. They refused to let me talk to a decision maker and were basically worthless. Cadillac apparently does not want to talk to customers. I am trying to go through the dealership and they will not give me the name of the GM Rep so I am not allowed to talk to her. This is unfortunate since I have 3 GM cars and when these are gone will likely not have another.

12345...6