Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

electrical nightmare
By Alfredo

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

9500 in electrical problems before I sold it. CUE system is horrible( replaced twice) and so are all the sensors that don't work. Its too bad I really enjoyed driving the car.

Five years old and not a darned thing wrong yet!
By David H. in the Valley of the Sun.

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought it used with 18,000 miles (lease return) three years ago. It now has 55,000+ miles on it. So far this car has been absolutely perfect. The interior is still flawless. I had a softer taller and fatter high-end set of Michelin tires installed on the stock 17" rims and it glides so much smoother now than the original tires on it. It doesn't get the highest fuel economy but then again it's not a Prius... this baby flies. My guess is that the mileage is affected from me getting into the 272 HP turbo charged power plant. Everyone who has driven this car says it drives like a sports car (not a Cadillac Sedan). What more can you ask for... Cadillac Styling with ample performance and decent fuel mileage. I'll probably keep it for a long time. By the way, the CUE entertainment system will drive you batty at first. But eventually you'll get it figured out. I suggest you use the controls in the steering wheel as much as possible. Otherwise you'll find that you can get distracted fiddling with them. My only complaint is the CUE system and the cramped back seat.

You don't know what you are missing.
By Adam S

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Before owning the ATS, I had two BMWs (both bought new,) a 2002 325i and a 2005 Z4. When I traded in my 325i in 2013, didn't want another BMW, but I did want a rear wheel drive car that would give me a ride similar to the BMW. Well, truth be told, when compared to my 325 and the newer BMW 3-series cars, I found the ATS' steering, road holding capabilities, road comfort, dashboard panel and interior to be superior. This car took turns without leaning, and considering its great suspension, it rarely felt "jittery" on regular roads. It's 2L turbo was quick enough for me. However, I must say that although the BMW's turbo engine and transmission were smoother, the ATS was still a more enjoyable car to toss around. The car's touch screen infotainment system got a lot of bad raps, but I didn't have any problems with it. Nonetheless, it does appear that over the years, the negative reviews of the infotainment system seems to have had precedent over the car's excellent road performance and has undeservedly decreased the car's resale value. Good new for those who are looking at the ATS (but bad for me when I will sell the car in another 2-3 years). My overall recommendation to anyone interested in this car is not to waste any time and just buy it. You'll have a great car at a very great price.

My favorite car I have ever owned!
By Joseph DiFrancesco

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, I really do think this is my favorite car that I have ever owned. It has a few quirks, but overall it is an incredible car! It is so fun to drive and so luxurious, can’t find anything comparable for a comparable price.

Not as great as you might think
By Greg Meyer

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only 38k miles. My camshaft sensor went out in July of 2017, it took the shop two days to replace it and they never called me to say that they needed to keep my car another day. The techs at Putnam Cadillac don't like to talk to customers so they don't call them to inform them of pending repairs. A month after it was in the shop my Cue touch screen started dying and in two weeks was dead. I told them the Cue screen was dead when I dropped the car off yesterday. Today they finally called me after I called them for info. They said the Cue screen was dead, I said I knew that and had told them that yesterday. What's happening with it? The rep, Leo Yi, said he has the parts but he can't do anything until he speaks to his warranty administrator and she does not get in until tomorrow. Does that mean that every warranty job at Putnam Cadillac in Burlingame has to wait for this administrator to confirm the work can be done? Every job in the place must be backed up! The ATS is a fast car. The transmission is very slow to shift even in sport mode. The 3rd to 4th gear shift takes forever and often slips. This is common with most ATS's. It is Very small inside. If you are taller than 5'10", don't buy one. You will have a hard time getting into it. The very tiny trunk is only big enough for a gym bag or two. The CUE touchscreen system is terrible. Due to that particular issue, I cannot recommend this car. The touchscreen works sometimes and fails sometimes. You cannot turn on the A/C without the touchscreen. If you look at the Cadillac forums, you will see the frozen or dead Cue Touchscreen is a very very common problem. Why they are not recalling the cars is beyond me. Consumer Reports needs to look into it. It is nice looking car inside and out. Good paint. It handles well. But the poor touchscreen, poor dealer service, and getting in and out of the car without banging my head are reasons I would never own another.