Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

RECENTLY PURCHASED CADILLAC ATS BAD DIFFERENTIAL
By zay caddy

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i bought thr car with 50k miles on it. at 65k miles the differental started making a howling sound. got warranty fix. but still. . .not cool

electrical nightmare
By Alfredo

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

9500 in electrical problems before I sold it. CUE system is horrible( replaced twice) and so are all the sensors that don't work. Its too bad I really enjoyed driving the car.

Five years old and not a darned thing wrong yet!
By David H. in the Valley of the Sun.

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought it used with 18,000 miles (lease return) three years ago. It now has 55,000+ miles on it. So far this car has been absolutely perfect. The interior is still flawless. I had a softer taller and fatter high-end set of Michelin tires installed on the stock 17" rims and it glides so much smoother now than the original tires on it. It doesn't get the highest fuel economy but then again it's not a Prius... this baby flies. My guess is that the mileage is affected from me getting into the 272 HP turbo charged power plant. Everyone who has driven this car says it drives like a sports car (not a Cadillac Sedan). What more can you ask for... Cadillac Styling with ample performance and decent fuel mileage. I'll probably keep it for a long time. By the way, the CUE entertainment system will drive you batty at first. But eventually you'll get it figured out. I suggest you use the controls in the steering wheel as much as possible. Otherwise you'll find that you can get distracted fiddling with them. My only complaint is the CUE system and the cramped back seat.

You don't know what you are missing.
By Adam S

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Before owning the ATS, I had two BMWs (both bought new,) a 2002 325i and a 2005 Z4. When I traded in my 325i in 2013, didn't want another BMW, but I did want a rear wheel drive car that would give me a ride similar to the BMW. Well, truth be told, when compared to my 325 and the newer BMW 3-series cars, I found the ATS' steering, road holding capabilities, road comfort, dashboard panel and interior to be superior. This car took turns without leaning, and considering its great suspension, it rarely felt "jittery" on regular roads. It's 2L turbo was quick enough for me. However, I must say that although the BMW's turbo engine and transmission were smoother, the ATS was still a more enjoyable car to toss around. The car's touch screen infotainment system got a lot of bad raps, but I didn't have any problems with it. Nonetheless, it does appear that over the years, the negative reviews of the infotainment system seems to have had precedent over the car's excellent road performance and has undeservedly decreased the car's resale value. Good new for those who are looking at the ATS (but bad for me when I will sell the car in another 2-3 years). My overall recommendation to anyone interested in this car is not to waste any time and just buy it. You'll have a great car at a very great price.

My favorite car I have ever owned!
By Joseph DiFrancesco

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, I really do think this is my favorite car that I have ever owned. It has a few quirks, but overall it is an incredible car! It is so fun to drive and so luxurious, can’t find anything comparable for a comparable price.