Used 1995 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

THIS is a Buick
By Matthew Dolph

1995 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

Purchased used, base model and decent shape for a 20 year old car. Huge trunk, plenty of room inside and the lovely LT1 V8. The car accelerates well and stops quickly, surprising for a 2-ton sedan. Parts and maintenance are no problem, but don't bother with a GM dealership. They don't know anything about proper Buicks anymore and they give you excuses not to work on it. This car and the Chevy Caprice are sisters, so there's lots of support out there. For modders, this is the perfect sleeper: the 9C1 police kit will fit this car. My car is stock Buick and a LOT of people underestimate the performance! The only thing is, of course, fuel economy. The LT1 is a thirsty beast, but worth it.

They said it wouldn't last
By Darryl

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This is best car I've ever drove that the experience grows on you.I hear people say they love it and I am feeling the same.I get a thrill just sitting in it,so looking forward to a trip soon will be like experiencing one of the seven wonders of the world.One person ranted about what a mistake it would be to buy this but man were they wrong.The experience of driving it grows on you continually,every ride is an experience in ecstacy funneling the thought till I can get on the road with it.I will only drive it on the highway and thats where it shines most.It did have a couple of very small dents,one on the wheel well edge,but the 1st and only body shop I went to,wanted 400 for ea dent.Not today

Everything,wide seats,the engine power surprises me constantly.I wish I could be the passenger in the back seats.Their spacious with room to think.

The metal is not thick enough,when you feel the fenders you can feel them give,of course thats alot of territory for fender to cover,so a little give is noticeiable.I suppose I will experience the window problems like everybody else sooner or later,but it is still and act in meditation riding in it.

Best Car I've Owned
By morgankhat

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

The GM product is probably one of the most versatile cars I have ever owned. (Car, as in automobile, not pickup truck, not a truck based SUV, or even a half assed "crossover".) It will haul 7 adults (8 in a pinch) or 4 adults with 2 weeks worth of luggage, all inside the vehicle...no roof racks, trailers or hitch platforms. The cargo area will handle a couple dozen 4x8 sheets of plywood or a 5 drawer lateral file cabinet. It will tow 7000 pounds without a whimper, in cruise, up a 5% grade, at 55 mph. In normal use (no 7000 pound trailers) it gets 17-19 mpg in town and 24 on the highway.

Ride, comfort, power, hauling capacity, and fuel economy, considering the size of the car.

Beef up the ignition system. Had to replace mine twice.

Best car GM ever built
By fr88

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I love my Roadmaster wagon! 205K miles and the car still looks and drives like new. Outstanding powertrain that is trouble-free and completely bulletproof. Tow package (look for engine driven fan under the hood) adds extra level of durability. I recommend it highly. The Gran Touring suspension gives extra level of control and comfort. The seats are orthopedic in design and allow hours of comfortable cruising. Cargo area can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood flat - something most SUV's can't manage. Gas economy exceeds the best of the big SUV's: 15-17 in city, 23-25 highway. Stunning power from LT1 engine. Cadillac luxury, SUV versatility, Toyota reliability. Perfect combination.

The powerful, silky drivetrain! The comfort, the versatility, the low cost of maintenance (except for the 100k Opti-Spark service). I even like the looks of these whales. Finally, I love the fact that it is the last full- size woody station wagon. Mine is Dark Cherry with matching leather. Nice.

Window track rollers break (upgraded replacement now available). Decal on "wood" trim rail strips delaminates easily. Black rub strips can come un-glued. All of these items are easily fixed and are the only significant shortcomings I can think of. Miss the full instrumention of the 1991-1993's.

Was a big mistake to stop making them.
By Bob Young

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I do a lot of highway driving and always get close to or over 20 mpg driving 70-75 mph with the AC on. I play in a band and it hauls an upright bass, big speaker cabs, bass guitars, amp heads, etc. all at the same time very comfortably and with plenty of power at all times and even fits my wife. The car is very reliable, and the motor uses less than 1/4 of a quart of oil in 3000 miles with 96000 miles on the odometer. This car is a blast to drive and I get comments all the time, these are becoming classics and rightfully so. I'll take one of these over a roadhog SUV anyday and you can even see over them when you are in back of them. They ride like but handle much better than the old boats.

Acceleration is phenomenal for a car this size and especially for one that gets good gas mileage. The car rides very well, handles well and surprises the occasional kid who thinks he's going to blow off this big grampy car at a light.

The only improvment I can think of is for Detroit to make them again!