Used 2008 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

good car
By Harold St. Clair

2008 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

wish for better gas milage

Nice Ride
By Tom Goodman

2008 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Really liked this car. It was conformable, quite, very low maintenance, good gas millage and handled very well

Didn't I really rather have a Buick
By Robert

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Looked at a lot of cars before settling on this one which I bought used. Have driven Lincolns (Mark series), Taurus, Mercedes, and a Caddy. Must say that this is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. With the Northstar V8, it is very quick to accelerate - I had to get used to the electronic gas pedal as it is instantaneous, but the power and smoothness make it fast off the line and it easily and extremely quickly accelerates to highway speed. I took it for a test drive before I bought it and when I "floored" it on the highway, I was truly impressed. It's got more power than I will ever really need. I've gotten 17.5 MPG around town and 25.9 on the highway for a combined total of 20.6. Not great, but not bad for a full size, powerful luxury car. The interior is soft, roomy, and has easy to understand controls. Trunk space is great, and my front bucket seats are extremely comfortable for any length trip. While the turning radius is very large, because I have driven many large cars and trucks/suvs over the years, it's something that didn't take long to get used to. Fit and finish are incredible, and the Harmon Kardon stereo system is top notch. The quietness of the interior is amazing and the engine is very smooth and "purrs" softly - even under heavy acceleration. Heated seats, heated washer fluid and heated steering wheel are great extras, especially in the northeast where I live. I love the lines of the car and it really does look sporty. I had always thought that the Buicks were for the old folks - luxurious but lumbering cruise mobiles for the geriatric set. Boy was I wrong. Not that this car would appeal much to anyone under 35 in my opinion, but it has a sporty style and a lot of power with all the bells and whistles. Could not be happier with the purchase. Next car I'll definitely look at the top end Buicks again. Best features - cooled seats, heated wiper fluid, ride, sound system, styling. Worst features - turning radius, a few blind spots (but the blind spot assist is a very good aid)

always a buick
By Mary l zimmerman

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

High Maintenance GM product.
By Ron

2008 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

2008 Buick, currently has 53,000 miles. From 30,000 miles to current, the following items have been replaced, 1/2 shaft in steering, power steering rack, power steering pump, front struts, rear air shocks, brakes on all 4 corners, rear brake calipers (leaking), new battery. Currently has an engine oil leak.

2/3/2018. Buick currently has 60,000 miles on it. Vehicle is doing fine. Nothing to complain about.