Used 2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Remake this Classic
By Skeep

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW Z4 Classic. Lines are right. The sport edition roars. I live in Germany and this Classic gets stares all the time--drove her to Paris and they simply stared...

Sport package rocks. Run flats. A true rag top instead of a "wanna be" rag top like the new Z4. Premium sound is purrrrfect.

Nothing.

Fun in the sun!
By Johnny D

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this black with red leather interior CPO Z4 three months ago with 39k on the odo and the car is as tight as any new car I have owned. I love the looks and the engine is smooth and responsive. Nothing except some prescription medications can change a bad mood into a good mood faster than this car. The stereo sounds awesome top up or down, but could use a changer. I love the way heads turn every where I drive, it is definitely an attention getter. I love the sound of the engine but wish it was a little louder.

Engine, fit and finish, mirror like paint.

The person who designed the cup holders should be fired, they are in the perfect place for spilling coffee into your lap when hitting a bump during a left turn. Glove box is useless and needs someplace to store cd's that is easy to access, the visors are much too thin for cd holders.

100% Adrenaline Rush
By Tony

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Z4 3.0si for three years and have only put 11500 miles on it. It is strictly a weekend car. I have a mercedes E350 and Audi A4, but can't wait until the weekend to drive the Z. I still feel the rush of adrenaline when i press the sports button and rocket down the highway. I feel like a kid driving a go-kart with a big smile on my face. It is just an awesome car!!!

The rush of power when you use the sports button. The sound of the exhaust.

Wind deflector to come standard. Always afraid my hat is going to fly off. LOL.

Incredible automobile
By swantz

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Dreamed of owning one of these for a long time. Finally traded my Jeep Wrangler for this certified used Z4. What an incredible automobile. Handles like a dream and I'm stared at and asked about it 24/7. Handling, fuel economy, and styling is like no other.

Comfort and handling.

Perhaps better cup holders and BMW should give lifetime access to automatic phone dialing emergency system instead of 1 year but these are certainly minor.

Great Sports Car!
By GC

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We leased our BMW Z4 3.0i to be able to afford it, but not sure we would lease again. Leasing does get you in the car, but nothing to show for it when the lease runs out. BMW does make things easy to lease but will find out in August how the transition goes- buy or re-lease something else. Would love to buy it. Love the car!

Love the styling, handling, and easy to operate convertible top.

The dash is very boring and not well equipped with the latest stereo electronics. Can't even tell what track the CD is playing. And not a good option if you want to add a 6 disc changer. Our Mazda RX-8 had room to include an in-dash CD, why not the Z4?