Skip to main content

Select your model:

2 out of 5 stars

Decent ride with 1990-level of connected tech

crush_, 03/05/2022
Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I honestly don't know how Edmunds or C/D recommend Audi... I've owned a number of German, Japanese, and American-made luxury cars, and after reading Edmunds and C/D reviewers - I thought to give an Audi a try... So, last week I went and leased a brand-new 2022 SQ5 (~61K sticker). This was my first and last ever Audi or Porsche-made vehicle... My 22 SQ5 came with Premium trim with a Convenience package. So, I want to share my experience... In terms of overall ride quality and power, SQ5 is definitely better than Q5, on par with BMW X3 or JCW Mini, and better than Lexus. Overall, SQ5 reminds me of a slightly taller JCW Mini Clubman (about 5-7K cheaper), with crappier electronics, useless cup holders, and horrible customer service. 1. Do not install or register myAudi app/website, both are less useful than my 2018 MyFord app. The app registration requires a visit to a dealer, and once that is out way, one will need to make a few more trips to add any additional user (oh, and user-specific settings like seat position or station presets are not saved) -- so what the point? Actually, it is a known issue and Audi has no ETA on resolution... 2. Also, what Audi does not tell you, is that Premium trim does not come with ConnectPrime ($365/yr) or ConnectPlus ($499/yr), and owner cannot buy these packages. However, you will have the privilege to buy "functions on demand" ConnectPlus + Nav for a "small fee" of $900/yr. In comparison, MB or BMW, Audi's closest competitors, do come fully connected with easy-to-use and functional apps or websites... 3. Good luck to calling Audi of America -- as a very important customer, one will has a privellage to wait for over 90 minutes on hold listening to elevator music, and pray that system or operator won't drop you. Again, comparing Audi to MB, BMW or Mini - never on hold more than 10 min, even during the hights of the COVID... So, IMHO - instead of "Truth in Engineering", maybe Audi should adopt - "Lie in Advertising" or "Another German Auto"...

4 out of 5 stars