2018 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Love my A6 - If you're going to buy one, go all in
By Kevin McCarron

2018 Audi A6 3.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've had guys who work at the dealership I bought my 2018 A6 remark that it's the nicest A6 they've seen. I bought the Prestige trim - 3.0T, driver assistance package, comfort seating package, and cold weather package - with florett silver metallic exterior and atlas beige (valcona) interior. I previously owned japanese cars - toyota or honda - that were progressively higher end trim as I got older and had more disposable income, but they were never luxury cars. I personally subscribe to the belief that if you're going to buy a luxury car, wait until you truly can afford it then get the higher end, where you notice and can enjoy the engine performance, higher end tech, interior quality etc. I still love driving my A6 almost a year into owning it. In this case with the 3.0T Prestige plus options, it was close to $70k, no doubt a high cost, but again, I waited quite some time and took care of other financial priorities first. In owning the A6 Prestige 3.0T plus options, I notice the drastic difference between my beautiful, powerful A6 and the less powerful, pedestrian quality materials on lesser A6 versions when I use a dealer loaner. BTW, there is an important warranty option - 10 years, 120,000 miles. At this cost, meaning the high relative cost of a fully decked out A6, compared with a few thousand more for this extensive warranty, I am surprised some choose not to buy this. It seemed like a no brainer to me.

My 2018 A6 comapred to 2016 A6
By BarryE

2018 Audi A6 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The 2018 drives better. The ride and steering seems more connected. The car moves off from a stop quicker. Same suspension and 18" tires. The Apple Car Play and LED lights are an improvement. I now have driver assistance package with auto following cruise control, lane departure warning and auto collision avoidance. I am very pleased as I expected more of the same. S-line trim looks better too.

Creamy ride
By joe graham

2018 Audi A6 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2.0 turbo with 19” 10 spoke wheels. Bought just a few weeks ago. I’ve had an Audi in the past and just had to come back. Something about the way an Audi drives just works for me.

So far very happy with the ride. Seats comfortable, teenagers are happy in back, wife loves the look of the car.

I drive the 3.0t, and it is a much more refined delivery of power than the 2.0t. But I kept another 7k in my pocket with the plenty capable 2.0t. Regarding engine note: no question a 4 banger is under the hood, but honestly it’s still a joy the drive. Quick around town and a bullet on the highway. Corners great - mileage is a little under what’s on the sticker for city driving and accurate for highway. I’m getting 18/30 rather than 22/31. But I’m still having fun with the right peddle:).

Hard to keep it under 90mph on the highway - just so smooth and quiet.

I like my music, and the upgraded Bose sound system delivers - no complaints. Pandora, Apple play all works well.

Overall just a cool car, very happy with my choice.

Finally Found My Car!
By Sarah

2018 Audi A6 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've owned and leased several different makes of cars & SUVs. The Audi A6 has been the best by far! I moved from a Q3 to the A6 for it's cargo space. It's very responsive, has great gas mileage, and handles wonderfully in the rain, ice & snow. The back support makes for a comfortable long drive. The only very small inconvenience I've noticed is that the front arm rest is too close to the cup holder, making larger cups impossible to fit. I would also recommend Alex at Audi Kirkwood as a sales brand specialist. He was honest, professional, EXTREMELY knowledgeable & patient during the entire process.

A6 a fun car to drive
By John Wittert

2018 Audi A6 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The A6 is a dream to drive. Very responsive...outstanding passing gear. The CAFE stop and go can be harsh/abrupt at times. Sound system more than adequate. Safety features are position well. Could use a technology update (ie. individual tire pressure readings, navigation map-mileage distance when using this feature).