Used 2006 Acura RL Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura RL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

Reliable luxury
By Nancy Shoman Nusbaum

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car when it was four years old. It had been leased from and maintained by a certified dealer. I bought it from that dealer and it came fully certified. I have meticulously maintained the car with my local Acura dealer and it has been a dream car and it has never required anything but routine maintenance. It did require air bag replacement, but the dealer made it very painless. 12 years and 116,000 miles later, it is still running like a top. The AWD is perfect for our climate. The ride is wonderful. I especially appreciate the wide rear doors which make it easy for older people to enter the back seat b

Great car
By Skip Richards

$300 in total repairs with 145,000 miles on car

Lemon.
By Bryant N

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System, Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first car, bought it used from a BMW dealership down the road from me about 3 years ago. From the instant we bought it I knew I was going to have major issues. It started with a ticking from the right front passenger wheel which turned out to be a loose brake pad. Next came the real isues, oil leaking. From everywhere. Brought it into the mechanic and he said that the entire engine bay and the passengers front wheel well are covered in motor oil. Major issues, basically had to rebuild the top half of the engine. I got it done and off I went. Next came the transmission.... I could stop at a stop sign and not be able to engage the transmission anymore, I was dead in the water... Only had reverse. So once we got it to the mechanic he said that a piece broke off my radiator, there was radiator fluid and engine oil in the transmission, and tranny oil and engine oil in the radiator. Boom! Brand new radiator and the transmission literally exploded so that's brand new. On top of all that comes the regular oil changes, spaek plugs, tires, etc. This car is a MONEY PIT! It will not make it over 100,000 miles unless you basically buy the car again! I will never buy another Acura or Honda in my life after my experience with this car.

Great Car, Too Much Maintenece
By Rick's RL

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in 2006. Great Car absolutely no problem UNTIL it hit 10 years old. Within the last year i have spent a tic over 10k in maintenance repairs that hadto be done(brakes/struts/Oil&water pump/key less entry computer replaced/new motor mounts/new spark plugs/and fluids replaced.

Old Reliable
By Don Meadows

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable and comfortable car to drive. Has very good head & leg room for front passengers. Quiet ride & handles well. For some odd reason, get a few mpg less in the winter time vs warmer weather.