Used 1997 Acura RL Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura RL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

437,000 miles
By John Flaiz

1997 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I am 6ft 7in the car has excellent space for the driver. I bought the car in 1999 and drive it every day.

Traditional comfort & style
By Lawrence Dick

1997 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

After 10 years of ownership, we can report that this car has exceeded our expectations. Superb comfort, magnificent style in the classic Mercedes Benz luxury sedan lines, this car is a treat to drive. Smooth and precise in its controls, xlnt cabin comfort with automatic climate control, good power and fuel economy, it has required little more than regular maintenance, brake pads and shock absorbers. It is one of the nicest riding cars we've ever enjoyed.

Great car
By Kerstin Lee

1997 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I've had my rl for a year now. I bought it with 170,000 miles on it, and it's still driving great to this day. The odometer went out for some reason, so I don't know how many miles I've put on it since I've had it, but I drive it everyday. For the car being so old it's actually great and I love it

Fabulous Car!
By Terri

1997 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in December 2012, three and half years ago after my 2004 Honda was totaled. This has been an exceptional car. It runs great, so comfortable, it is truly a "premium" car. It's a dream to drive. It has been so reliable I can hardly believe it myself! It's almost 20 years old and still going strong!! The car has 174,000 miles! I think I will drive it until the wheels come off! Fantastic car!!

It just broke down, but I'm not mad - Great Car
By hab2

1997 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

LOL, seriously just had it towed and I was contemplating a new purchase so I jumped on Edmunds to get a trade in value.

The car has over 234K miles.
You can belive this or not, but the transmission is still smooth, the engine strong, the ride comfortable and get this, no knocks, pings, or things shaking.
I drive it and I don't believe it - I said 234K miles.

Given the age, and miles its not perfect, dash lights, power windows, nav back light, washer pump, etc.
Little things that need reapir.
But I tell you
- Great Car and it will be a great car for the next person.

Hope this helps!