2001 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Nearing Perfection
By Volvo Dave on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I would argue that no car is perfect... yet the new Volvo wagon is nearing the unattainable. I have been driving my T5 for twenty-one months, and simply adore it. My recommendations to anyone considering the V70 wagon would be as follows: 1) Get the turbo. I see people in my rear view mirror with their jaw in their lap as I pull away from a red light. This car is fast. 2) Get the 17" Pirelli tires. I'm not one for tricked out cars, but these make the car look HOT and keep you on the road. That's about it. I can't wait to upgrade to the new wagon, due out in a year or so with an even bigger engine. Someone at Volvo needs a nice pat on the back!!!

My Wife's Car
By Railfan on 03/23/02 21:36 PM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

On Nov. 03 of 2001, my wife and I purchased or second Volvo. The first was a new 1988 740 Turbo (which still runs as well as the day we drove it home). As the '88 was approaching 14 years of age, we thought that a newer vehicle should transport both my wife and son. My wife spotted her soon-to- be-new car on the dealer's lot of Bozzani Volvo (Covina, CA) when, one day she dropped the '88 740 off for its usual servicing. As she was walking through the lot, she spotted the 2001 Cross Country (dark blue) and, in short, the rest is history. To those who report that the Volvo is the next best thing to a tank, we agree.

Impressed
By rboilard on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

When I was shopping for a new vehicle I looked at the RX300, X5,MDX, ML320 and even the Yukon by GMC. But for some reason I liked the look and comfort of the XC, so thats what I purchase. Let me tell everyone out there after reading some horror stories on the net as well as good ones I was a bit nervous. But the car is solid and probably the most comfortable to sit in. No problems at all!

47,153 of 47,154 people found this review helpful
2001 V70 t5
By Pete Mickelson on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I really love this car. The seats are very comfortable. The car is so quiet, you can actually hear the car stereo, which is excellent. The car is very quick, it is like a Porsche wagon.