Did GM build this car or did VW?
By wniece on
2014 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)
I have owned 5 VW's in the past and this is my 6th and the last! Right from the start the back window had to be replaced because it was warped, bubbled and defective. Over a week in the shop. The Fender sound system is great but the top bar under the windshield cracks and rattles detracting from the sound. 3x times trying to fix that. The suspension crashes and bangs over bumps - going in for the fourth time to fix that! And, now the steering rack and column was defective - 13 days in the shop! And, what's up with styrofoam foam under the front passenger seat, foam packing in the trunk hinges?? Numerous rattles and creaks from the interior. What happened VW? Extremely disappointed. Stay away
Favorite Features
The Fender stereo and V6 acceleration. Although very sluggish from the start because of the DSG transmission. And, that's about it!
Suggested Improvements
Get back to what was once originally a great car company! Too much cost cutting and cutting corners with the current model! It's really now just an old Buick with a VW badge. Trying to figure out how to get rid of it! Will end up either evoking the Lemon Law or hiring an attorney! Need to get your act together VW! No more farfegnugen here!
By wniece
on 08/23/14 06:13 AM (PDT)

I know it does sound a little far fetched. But, I have all the documentation and repairs from VW. I am currently fighting with VW corporate about the issues and the car. VW corporate has been just about as bad as the car! Trust me after owning 6 VW's, this has not been what I had expected but VW Corporate could care less!

By jon368
on 08/11/14 13:47 PM (PDT)

Ok dude, this sounds a little far fetched. a 2014 model with all of these problems? I have a 2014 Passat myself that needed a new windshield because of dealer error (someone scratched it, it happens)...but the rest of what you are talking about sounds like more online VW-hating and chest beating.

By wniece
on 09/07/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

It doesn't stop there either. Still having issues with the car. I have all the records including paperwork, phone calls and all other hassles involved from renting a car etc. VW has taken a nonchalant attitude towards the whole thing. I would not recommend a VW to my worst enemy!

By sp1
on 11/04/14 05:41 AM (PST)

Why don't you submit a lemon law complaint? Each state law varies, but mine considers it a lemon if a car needs to be repaired for the same issue more than three times, or is in the shop for more than 30 days in total, within the first year of ownership. You should also ask VWOA for compensation for your time and trouble. I did that with BMW USA several times when my car experienced several fuel pump failures.