1 year report
By pajeff on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
After driving for a year and 20k miles here's my take on the Passat TDI. It takes bumps like a pickup truck, corners like a boat, and the technology of a car from 1990. Every time it rains the water rolls off of the roof and into the car when getting in/out or stopping at a drive-through. Is there anything good about this car????? Yes, the amount of space for passengers and luggage is enormous and I get the same milage as all those hybrids but I don't have to worry about a $7K battery swap in a few years. Bottom line buy if you're looking for space mad mileage. Plenty of other choices if tech or performance is higher on your list.
Favorite Features
All windows have 1 touch window controls
Suggested Improvements
Fix the water rolling off the roof all over passengers when door or window is opened. Improve the suspension. For the price of a TDI you should get more standard tech. Who doesn't have a garage door opener in 2013? Make improve the body so it's not so boring.
By ltj2
on 07/10/14 14:11 PM (PDT)

Reviewer must be the first and only person to find the ride of the 2013 VW Passat to be "..like a pickup truck..". What nonsense! I find the Passat's ride and suspension to be superb. The Passat has been commended by a couple of the major auto magazines as having excellent ride and handling characteristics with fully independent 4-wheel suspension, and at least one of them recently selected it as their "Car of the Year". Can he really be serious about the "garage door opener" suggestion? I believe that such openers typically come with the garage door opener mechanism, and NOT with every new car you might buy! And why did this Reviewer even buy a Passat if he finds the body to be "so boring"? I'm assuming that the Passat body has not changed much since his purchase - or was it a graduation gift?