2006 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Blown Away by MPG

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

TDI Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual)

Blown Away by MPG
By KT on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Every time (like today) I read about the "highest MPG cars", I look for a diesel. Previous to this VW, I had a 1998 Lexus ES300, which I loved, totaled in an accident. This, purchased at boyfriend's urging, after his purchase of Beetle Diesel, has been a pleasant surprise. HUGE trunk, fabulous MPG (I was disappointed recently with 41 MPG, after using A/C all the time (live in Phx.). I drive the surface streets, not the highway, usually, and there's no bigger thrill than coming to work and seeing average MPG 56+, which happens all the time. This helps to offset 0-12 when you have to stop. Also had to sit in traffic on freeway recently for 2 hours and got lowered MPG, which was normal.

Favorite Features

MPG! Heated seats. Sirius. Gauges and feedback on dash. Huge trunk (larger than Lexus was), with divider for smaller items so they're not rattling around. iPod connecter in glove box so no cords in compartment. Leg room. Able to lock off trunk, so can't be opened from inside car.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest? Useless. Cup holders not the best. Electric seat controls.