2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: The reliable, lovable 2007 Yar

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

The reliable, lovable 2007 Yaris
By nargrakhan on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I've personally owned, bought for a flat 13k from the local Toyota dealer. It's been in my possession for exactly seven years, and currently just under 59k miles. I always got an oil change every 5000 miles. Changed tires and engine tune up at 50k. Let me state she NEVER fails me. Be it flooding downpours, heavy snowfalls or gusting hurricanes: the car always pulled through like a champion. Been hit twice at low speeds (once in the front and once in the rear), but after a quick trip to the bodyshop she runs perfect. Both incidents only caused cosmetic bumper damage, as the car itself is far more rugged than she looks. She has spunk. She has spirit. I love her!

Favorite Features

The Yaris has great handling and is surprisingly responsive. Combined with the vehicle's small size, I've easily dodged the antics of reckless drivers. On the Interstate it can go over 80 MPH, though it takes a bit of time to get that fast and strains the engine. Going 45 to 55 suits it perfectly. Putting down the rear seats offers a lot of cargo room. Don't expect to fit a fridge or oven in there, but I've gotten a lawnmower, television set, and two dozen bags of yard mulch to fit snug in there (not at the same time of course).

Suggested Improvements

I got the Yaris for it's cheap price, so I can't really complain about what the vehicle lacks. I suppose I wish the instrument dash was closer to the driver side. The designers placed it in the center for some reason. Wasn't a deal killer though.