2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
sorry I bought this truck
By irishman not happy on 01/13/10 17:44 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck with high expectations after having my T-100 for 13 years and loving it. This truck has a lousy transmission. When turning corners at low speeds it can not seem to find a gear to go into. More torque would be nice because the engine sound like it never has enough power to do the job. Would have never bought this truck if I could have driven the 4.6 before the dealership found one for me and I was obligated to purchase it. I drove the 5.7 and thought it would have some of the raw power this engine has but not to be.

Not as good as I expected
By Bill Kober on 01/04/10 15:11 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have only had my truck a month and I am generally pleased; the 5.7 V-8 has plenty of power. The gas mileage is about what I expected however, the interior quality leaves a lot to be desired.

First Truck- New 4.6
By jnavarro2484 on 01/03/10 19:21 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Looks great, handles well,and is extremely good on gas for its size. I have not gotten the ability to tow anything yet but; I feel that this new V8 has enough power in it to get the job done.Had I done everything differently, I would of went with the 4x4. I'm thinking of trading it at the end of 2010 for a 4x4 due to an issue where I couldn't get out of a little drainage ditch in front of my uncles house in Port Saint Lucie Fl.Other than that, I am in love!!!

Switch from GM
By Bernie on 01/01/10 08:21 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just picked up my 2010 Tundra, reg cab, 4x4, LB, SR5, 5.7 truck. After only one small road trip, I am impressed at the Toyota quality. Coming from a Silverado the past 2 trucks (11 years), I can say I am glad I made the switch. The 5.7 seems to have awesome power (yet to tow anything). The space behind the the seats is massive and will fit most anything I could want back there except a person (comfortably). The ride is acceptable for a truck. My only concerns/complaints so far is the storage. There is no map pocket in the back of the seat. The center storage is also a little slim. With that said, I didn't buy the truck for storage...I bought a truck to use it as a truck.

2010 SR5 TRD 2WD
By Tom Hunsicker on 12/29/09 09:08 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We loved our 2000 Tundra and it provided excellent service over a ten year period. The sales incentives got me into the showroom and we were able to negotiate a fair trade-in. So far only nits to pick about the new Tun. We agree with the criticism about the ride quality. We hope this will be less of an issue when towing our large travel trailer, which is why we opted for the bigger truck with more power. We opted for the towing mirrors which make towing a snap. Gas mileage is amazingly the same or better than our old truck. Disappointed that the base-level audio seems weak, but has a lot of features making it a wash. Overall we are very happy and feel that Toyota build quality is still superior.

Major transmissin problem
By ken on 12/27/09 02:50 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My 4.6 litr. transmission acts like no other vehicle I have driven, it constantly is hunting for a gear and the gas pedal is not responsive to requests for a small amount of power to maintain a constant speed. When doing this, I apply pressure to the pedal and after an inch or more of down pressure with nothing happening, it down shifts. I tow a 5700 lb trailer and the poor response of the engine and lack of power on hills makes driving this vehicle ULTRA annoying. Toyota said the truck is normal, baloney!!!! If it responded like every other vehicle I have driven, I would not be writing this review. I've been driving Toyotas for 30 years.

2 X Tundra Owner
By Mark O'Connor on 12/18/09 12:47 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I really liked my 2004 Toyota SR5 Double CAB but love the 2010 Crewmax. The ride, performance, size and turning radius are all much improved from the 04.

First Toyota - Went Big
By Big Papa on 12/09/09 17:56 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota truck, after driving two Dodge trucks. I am a bit concerned as a check engine light came on after just 235 miles. It seems a cam sensor is defective. I think that means the engine has to be taken apart to fix this issue. I am also experiencing an annoying creaking sound somewhere around my rear view mirror. One visit to the service department has not fixed this issue. I am also a bit disappointed with the cheap license plate mount. I really do like this truck a lot, but in my mind, I should not have the previously noted problems given the price of this vehicle. I will be very disappointed if the issues are not resolved soon.

Great Truck
By envelopo on 12/03/09 22:59 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 09 Silverado on this truck because of numerous problems and trips to the dealer. I have had other toyota trucks over the years and returned because of the build quality. This truck is smooth, quiet, powerful and bone solid reliable. 30% of the time I am towing a 5800 lb travel trailer and am very impressed with the 4.6 engine's towing ability. In my opinion the engine is good compromise between economy and power. Currently I am getting about 17 in combined driving, 19 highway and 10 - 11 towing. I also like how the 6 speed transmission operates, the heating cooling system and seat fabric. Biggest complaint is a rather flimsy bed, which I plan to cure with a spray in liner.

One awesome truck
By FFT on 11/25/09 20:39 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I recently bought a Tundra after I lost my beloved T-100 in an accident. I am as happy as I can be with the 2010 Tundra. I get a million compliments on it from everybody both friend and stranger. "Nice Truck" is all I hear. It is well designed and I call it my 'no problem' vehicle. It can handle anything I ask of it. Nice engine, nice radio, smart design. Best vehicle purchase I've made. Can't wait to finish the break-in period so I can start putting down the gas.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$124 per month*