2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Another great Toyota truck!!
By huladog on 01/27/14 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My previous Toyota truck was a 1992 4WD V6 with a 5-speed. I racked up over 285,000 miles on it with no problems. Take care of your Toyota, it will take care of you. Same has held true for my 2006 Tundra. I found an extremely rare 2006 SR5 Access Cab with the 4.0L and a 6-speed manual transmission and had to have it. Bought it in 2011 with 181,000 miles. Miles mean nothing on Toyotas if they have been maintained. Replaced the shocks with Bilstein HD's (Yellow), and it made it ride like a new truck! With 220,000 miles on it, I am ready to declare my Tundra the worthy successor to the Beast! Had one single failure, a bad coil, which was easy to replace. 400,000 here I come!

Solid Truck.
By roverfanatic7 on 12/31/12 15:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have the 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited. Best truck. Comfortable, fun to drive, luxury interior, and solid reliability. The truck has 100,000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. Maintenance is cheap. MPG isn't great, but it is a truck with V8 power. Solid offroader, great for firewooding and hunting. You won't find a better value. This truck defensibly definitely beats the American competitors.

What a truck.
By fj80 on 12/07/11 22:09 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Perfect all around truck, great gas millage and reliability.

Great TRUCK!
By yangk on 11/24/11 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck used with 14,000 miles in 2008. Now has 56,000 miles and needs it's first pair of brakes. It's a V8 so gas/fuel consumption is not like a PRIUS so I'm not whinning. I average 18 mpg mix hwy/city and about 19-20 hwy. Tows my 18' Lund fishing boat nicely. 6' bed is a must, I didn't buy a new Tundra because of the bed. The crew cab is great, handles 5 adult passenger w/ ease. Interior is ok, when it's cold, it creeks when you go over bumps. Parking is a-ok, like any truck, it won't have turning radius like my wife's Lexus. Overall, I love it, and plan on keeping it for a LONG LONG LONG time! These trucks are also hard to come along. If I find another one, I might snatch er' up

Love this truck
By truckie124 on 02/14/11 11:36 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought in 2008 with 18000 miles and have put 30000 on it since then. I used it for 2 years for my carpentry business. Rear sliding window came in handy picking up lumber. My father has a 2004 SR5 and the 2006 rides much more car-like than the 2004. It really feels smooth and is an all around great truck. Used to drive a Chevy but had problems with the transmission at 30K miles and the dealership wouldn't do anything for us (after our family had bought 4 cars from them). Will never go back after driving this truck! I love this thing!

Our Boutique Tundra
By carnut1973 on 01/21/11 12:01 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our burgundy Tundra Double Cab Limited 2WD new...had all options: sunroof, leather, 6-disc in-dash changer and dealer installed Borla exhaust (which sounded great--it was the wife's truck and she wanted a truck that sounded like a truck). Our Tundra performed wonderfully but we sold it when gas prices shot over $4/gal because it really was only being used as a commuter-got about 16 in town and could squeeze out 20 on the highway. As a boutique truck it did great--smooth ride, 5 adults could travel in comfort and the full size bed w/ tonneau cover could carry ridiculous amounts of luggage.

Best Truck I Ever Owned!
By Blair on 07/08/10 03:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is excellent. Haven't had it very long, but I love it! I have basic needs, but need the 8' bed, so I purchased the 2DR V6. Exceptional. Hoot to drive, looks great, responsive, very tight.

I liked this truck
By Rob on 05/23/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this Toyota with about 44,000 miles on it and owned it for about a year. I did about 12,000 miles in it and never encountered any reliability issues. It was fairly powerful and quite fun to drive; it felt lighter and the handling felt more responsive than my father's F-150 but I found it harder to park. I eventually got in the habit of parking it in reverse which was much easier than parking forward. I am a careful driver and can usually get better than estimated MPG but I found that I was unable to improve this truck's MPG much with careful driving. The car felt well built and the interior was solid, although I did have some problems with paint peeling from the front bumper.

2006 Tundra XSP
By miller1624 on 04/14/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new. It now has 87K miles on it and it has never had anything done but oil service. Very dependable and sharp truck. My only compliant is it gets poor fuel mileage and the turning radius is terrible. Bottom line it looks great and never breaks down.

Great Truck, Poor MPG
By Chuck F on 03/19/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck just over a yr ago, changed the plugs and air filter, but still can not get over 13.9 on a trip straight through driving. Got as low as 10 mpg 4 wheel drive winter city driving, I average 12.5 mpg :(

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.