2008 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Update

2008 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Update
By Western Plainsman on

2008 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

After 14,000 miles, the mileage @ 70 MPH is now up to 24 MPG. That's satisfactory for a 4x4. Pickup is smooth and the bench seat okay on long trips. Don't care for the Dunlap tires; they're smooth, but sure don't have the quality of Michelins. I added a factory cruise control and 2 factory 'D' ring tie-downs to the front of the bed. This little rascal ought to come stock (or at least available) with intermittent wipers & cruise. It rides & handles just fine. For a basic 4x4 under 20 Grand pickup, I don't see how you can beat it. Tight, no rattles, easy to do maintenance, pretty dog-gone good ride. I'm a bear to satisfy...and I'd buy this one again in a second!

Favorite Features

Ride & handling both very good; bench seat is okay, gas mileage okay; build quality great; good both as highway and off-road rig and maintenance is a snap!

Suggested Improvements

Need options list expanded to include intermittent wipers, automatic transmission & cruise control. The quality of the OE tires does not match the overall quality of the pickup.