2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Pain in the butt!
By Joseph Raney on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, ever since I got this vehicle I have been back and forth to the dealership at least 8 times, that's not including servicing. I just purchased the truck 5 months ago and it's been giving me probs ever since I first got it.

A Good Recomendation
By glade 007 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I use this truck for everday use. This includes towing, hauling, and some off- road use. The truck has performed nicely with no problems.

Great Small Truck
By Pilgrim on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a small truck this is really comfortable to drive and easy to get into for large people. Your passengers are comfortable and at ease while riding in this truck.

A Real Truck!!!
By ex-18- wheeler on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Have the TRD package, stock, except added a grille guard. Took it up Horsethief Canyon Trail at Lake Mead Rec. area last Sat..Kept it in H-4 the whole time.(Jeez, when do you use L- 4???) Only 'lifted' Rubicon jeeps could handle this trail, except for my taco. Larger 4x4's have to stick to civilized off-roads.

i love it
By mphilp on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

my double cab tacoma has everything i wanted. trd suspension, premium sound, power everything, all with the convenience of cloth seats. i surf, snowboard and love the outdoors, and this truck, even without 4wd, is nearly perfect. it wasn't cheap, but my first truck was a yellow 1977 toyota that was first owned by my grandparents and now my sister and has never needed a major repair. i think it's worth the money

By billu on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After comparing all trucks in this class the Toyota by far offers the most for your money. I own a 4-runner with a 3.0 and it has trouble with mountian roads. This Tacoma powers up the hills with no problem. Ride and handling is about the same as other trucks with an off road package.

Can't believe this is the highest rated
By troy2 on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my wife's 1998 Tacoma XTra Cab to make it easier to move the kids in and out of. While roomier, the interior build materials seem to be of lower quality, especially the seats. The cruise control is over reactive often dropping two gears and adding 5 MPH on roads where I can maintain speed without downshifting. Shop others first. We only bought ours because of the resale value.

Why didn't I trade in earlier
By rivka on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had my tacoma for about eight months and let me tell you, it was nothing but trouble. I was at the dealer at least once a month to fix stuff. mostly the power window kept falling off the track and wouldn't go up. also other annoying stuff-the brakes and rotors needed changing after 11000 miles, the transmission shifted roughly, and the worst part was that the dealer didn't seem to know what they were doing. I finally gave up and traded it in for a dodge 1500. so far so good.

It's a Toyota
By Dave Grammer on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You can't really go wrong with Toyota, and the safety that go's with it

2003 Tocoma
By Shawn Gerrow on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The more I drive it, the more I love it. It allows a man with a wife and kids to still own a serious truck and avoid the dreaded mini-van! The back seat is very comfortable with plenty of legroom, even for adults. It is comfortable on the highway and competent off-road. I am completely impressed with its off-road abilities, its height and locking rear differential have allowed me to go places my previous pickup could only dream of. To top it all off, it looks awesome too!