2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Review: Over Rated

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Review

Over Rated
By snoopy on

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded a 2003 Suburban. Would not do it again. The Suburban has it all over the Sequoia when it comes to bells and whistles. Very disappointed in the Sequoia. As for reliability, already the plastic connectors(a .05 cent part) on both ends of the latch rod have broken. The Suburban has more room and cargo space. I got better gas mileage on my Suburban than the Sequoia and the Sequoia is the Limited model. Although it is made in Indiana and my Burb was made in Canada apparently my Sequoia was assembled either on Monday or Friday. In 2007 the Suburban is supposed to have an all new look. I will probably be going back to a Suburban. After all the Suburban is the Grandaddy of SUVs.

The only feature I like on the Sequoia is the sound system with the in dash 6 CD player along with the cassett player as I have about 300 cassetts.

Do away with the LCD displays on the Mileage indicater and especially on the Radio. Both are hard to see in the daylight. Redesign the shift lever because when in Drive it partially blocks the AC vent opening. Too much plastic. All in all I think the Sequoia is overrated, even the Grill is plastic.