1993 Toyota MR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:
MR2
By Tiutis on 09/11/05 00:02 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Great car, great looks. Pretty roomy interior and, actually has some luggage space. Gets 30m/gal with 50/50 city/hwy driving. Drives well in rain too.

Pocket Rocket
By Sailn on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

This car has been a blast to drive since I bought it new in 1992. The car still gets compliments from the younger generation. Gas mileage - 23- 29, depending on use of the turbo.

MR2 again
By zeus7625 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

As I drove around town in my MKI MR2 I would dream about the day I would find my MKII. That would be the only car to take me out of my MKI. I found it, and was in no way disappointed. The styling, the performance, the ride that is the reputation of the MR2 still lives on. You would think that a 10+ year old car would be passe' but this baby will turn heads all day long! Economical and stylish, powerful and practical.

MR 2 Lover
By jab013 on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Great handling, average power but a beautiful overall package. In yellow, this thing is still a head-turner everywhere it goes! Extremely reliable!

pocket rocket still admired every day
By frank c. jones, sr. on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

fast fun to drive still gets compliments every day by young adults. motor gets better gas milage every year

Great Car !!
By Rob Lang on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

Car is 10 years old, with over 136,000 miles. Runs better than any American made car brand new (sorry, I love the USA, but not our cars). I love Toyota's. I refuse to believe the rating given by B.R. These cars are mechanically amazing, and will last virtually forever if taken car of.

cool
By luciano on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

it is cool, and its fun to drive

very fun car
By toyautox on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

I still love this car, after 10 years.

Exotic look, Camry at heart.
By DIL9U on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Going from 2000 Celica GTS to 93 MR2, no regret. Nowadays Toyotas are crap, if they can save $1 on every Camry/Corolla they sell they can save millions per year, therefore they now use the cheapest parts possible on every car they build. No oil leak, no major problem after 10 yrs. Stunning automobile. It was in production for almost 10 yrs just like the NSX, RX7, 300ZX, etc.....The golden age of Japanese cars were early 1990s.

A smile on my face every time I drive it
By Autocross Newbie on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Not fast by today's standards, but few cars handle better at any price. Rock- solid Toyota reliablity. More comfortable than one expects and the 2 trunks make for loading flexibilty.