Cool Camry
By Ashleymae on
2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought the car 9 months ago with 34,000 miles. It now has 68,900. So far I have just had to replace the front brake pads. It does have a couple of rattles in the dash that I can't find. I turn up the radio and that takes care of that. The paint job could use a little improvement no shine, dull. The sunroof has a wind whistle and I have to tap the close button and it closes all the way. No leaks so far. Stinky smell coming from the AC vents. A trip to the dealer for the AC refresher treatment cured that little problem. My Camry has the 4 banger and gets around 24/26 city and 28/34 highway. I have a lead foot so this is good. I also like the fact that it has a time chain instead of a belt.
Favorite Features
Great fuel economy. Quick pick up. Easy to drive and a great sound system.
Suggested Improvements
Paint job my biggest complaint. Cannot get it to shine. Paint looks flat. I've had it clay barred and had high speed wax job, nothing helps. Next step is to have it repainted a high gloss Chevrolet white.
By ashleymae
on 05/25/12 08:53 AM (PDT)

Well, my camry now has 124,000....I've had to replace the valve cover gasket(very slight leak) Still think oil was spilled when toyota dealership changed oil, but to be on the safe side my husband put a new one on...So far so good...Probably the best car I have ever owned...Still needs a paint job..I've seem so many of the white camrys with crappy paint....I had mine deep waxed and parts did shine better..A paint job is in the works next year...Ashley