2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Long term update

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Long term update
By ACDII on

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 25000 miles, the car has been flawless, getting 39MPG mixed driving, 50 on the highway @60MPH. A few things turn me off though, and make me want a Fusion Hybrid. First being the dash center console, cool at first, but when driving in bad weather where you need 100% visibility, the lighting is a distraction, and no way to turn it off without turning off the entire dash. Material quality is sub-par, my Hyundai has better quality. Seats OK, material a bit thin, I can feel parts of the springs in the seat. I expected a bit better quality from Toyota, but with that aside, it has been a good car, reliable, and safe, and that's what is most important, 39 MPG overall isn't too bad either.

Favorite Features

JBL stereo rocks, quiet, love the whine when slowing down. Get EPA during winter, but way above during summer. Exterior styling a plus. Smart Key WIN. Not a single problem in 13 months and 25800 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that console lighting scheme, or at least a way to dim it down without dimming the dash. Driving in fog is difficult with it lit. Better material quality, especially the seat material and sunroof shade, very flimsy. Sportier suspension would be a WIN too.