A hybrid that makes saving gas a blast!
By Sparky on
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is our 3rd hybrid. We owned a Honda Insight, and currently have an 04 Toyota Prius. This one has got everything we desire in a comfortable, well appointed auto, along with excellent gas mileage. The EPA's can be attained, and even passed with a bit of "hybrid driving technique". If I maintain a freeway speed of 60-62, and avoid frequent passing, I get 40-41 mpg on my daily commute. In town averages 35. The hybrid power train works as smooth as glass. Seating is supportive and comfortable. The heating/cooling system is state-of-the-art, the JBL sound system sounds superb (an option), and the navigation system is decent. This is one of those cars that just feels right from the get-go.
Favorite Features
Hybrid system/gas savings, smooth quiet ride, comfortable seating, great ergonomics, high-tech goodies like electronic air cleaning and bluetooth navigation touch screen. Great JBL stereo! Toyota quality (ours was built in Japan).
Suggested Improvements
There is a bit of a plastic feel inside. I think Toyota has decided to use slightly less quality materials than in the past. However, fit and finish is good.