2013 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Just What I Needed

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

XLE Touring Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Just What I Needed
By twigster on

2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my "highway" car. Drove to NEPA Pocono Area with my electronic drums in the trunk. The July shakedown cruise to our yearly SummerJam proved the Avalon's capability. I tend to travel fast (above the speed limit) and got almost 30 MPG while feeling safe and in control. Love the transmission and the steering and despite what MT may say about "steering feedback" I didn't find that a negative since I didn't want a "sports car" or want to "feel the road". Spent almost three weeks driving around the N.E.P.A. area roads that I grew up driving on (I live in Tampa), these are what we call "driving! roads". Again, the car made it a blast - it went everywhere like it owned the road.

Favorite Features

Giants Despair Hill Climb road or Blue Ridge Parkway @ Shenandoah National Park. Day or night we (friends and family) had a blast just driving around and seeing "the old places". Paddle shifting was precise when used and the stereo performance with my iPod matched. (Sat radio? jury out.) Deer or possum attracted to the new car smell tried to jump aboard but the handling, brakes and headlights defeated them. THIS is just what I need in a car. I don't need to "make a statement" to anyone with the car I drive. I just need a car to carry my drums and wife safely to those people and places we love.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe mirrors that auto tilt down to catch the curbs when you back up.