Used 2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

My worst purchase ever
By krjohnson

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this vehicle, I was not looking for an SUV. Due to the fact that there was a $5000 rebate, and I was promised by the dealership that "they" would furnish free tires for life as long as I owned the vehicle. Within the first two weeks of owning the car, the dealership closed, so all promises were off. At 55,000 miles, every light on the dash came on. The timing chain and a wheel barren had to be replaced. The lights continued to come on, they replaced a motor mount. There is an annoying constant noise in the steering, warranty does not cover this, and the front driver's side fender comes loose every time the car is driven. American Suzuki is not willing to buy the junk back.

Saved $10000 at Least!
By TonyGee

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We had been looking at purchasing a car to replace an aging (84K) 2003 Cavalier. Our search took us into used car territory. It turns out that a company in Ohio, which leases these things to rental companies, was trimming the fat due to the economy. Our model had 10400 miles on it and was in service less than twelve months. We need this kind of room. Our other car is a KIA Spectra. Almost monthly, we are on the road to Nashville. Getting stuck in Atlanta traffic will almost be a pleasure. I am over six foot one, and my wife is five ten. There is so much room; and for the price and reliability this machine is unsurpassed. It's an even better deal at the price we paid!

Automatic air conditioning, fold down flat rear seats, incredible head and shoulder room, stereo and cd are more than passable, speed control convenient, and good lighting at night.

Move the window switches to the door. Make more room near the shift knob for additional open storage.

Excellent choice
By Noah

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been eying the XL7 for some time now. I owned an Aerio SX but I was hit by an elderly woman and it was totaled. I was in Japan for 3 years and all I saw was Suzuki cars every where. Hardly any Hondas. So when i got back to the States I went to the dealership offered $19000 and i drove it off the lot. I have no complaints, rides smooth and it looks good. I would call it a crossover before an SUV.

I like the Auto/Manual and the styling.

Make a rear camera standard feature i can not see anything when i back up. And go with all red lighting for the gauge cluster