Used 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Forester SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Melange
By pigo

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

After being a Subaru owner for the last several year, I may try something different next time around. I still love the way this thing drives, but subaru must stop being slow with bringing current technologies to the customers. Absolutley terrible stereo with no Bluetooth, dedicated I pod , etc......This is the Limited afterall! also sunvisor vanity mirrors with out illumination and no light in glove box!!C'mon! The 4 speed tranny was not a huge concern for me but it again shows Subaru's unwillingness to be current. interior materials are not on par with most in the class. If Subaru wants to retain this up till now loyal customer, it must add some class to the fun!!!!

Turbo engine, nice ride, looks, turning radius.

Stereo, interior material quality, transmission, auto lights, window express up/down feature on all windows. Did I mention the Stereo!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Ride
By Sean

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Traded in my 2004 Impreza RS for a 2010 XT Limited. This thing handles like a dream. The ride is great, very smooth, great pick up. The stock turbo isn't too bad, would be nice to have WRX type power though. I like the interior and the cargo room, it's great for the kids aka dogs. It would be nice to have a better stock stereo, (like the Harmon Kardon in the Outback LTD) I did purchase a Limited edition after all. iPod interface would be nice as well as opposed to just AUX jack. I love the monster sized moon roof, the

Reclining rear seat MONSTER moon roof Overall look Turbo Motor Overall cargo capacity Overall vehicle

Power passenger seat standard for LTD Harmon Kardon Stereo(like Outback LTD) More HP Cargo liner standard for LTD edt All weather floor mats standard

Great Small SUV but Far From Perfect
By Craig

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second Forester in the last 2 years. I traded in my first one after a year and a half because the X model (4 cylinder) did not have enough power for me. I upgraded to an XT turbo which is more my speed. If you are looking for any performance this is the way to go. I stayed with Subaru because they gave me a great trade in price. The XT in black suits my lifestyle, sporty & practical. The forester is great for active individuals & small families. It is an easy commuter, great visibility, easy to drive & park but it does need some improvements. The engine & transmission seem well built but the interior plastics are cheap, not the perceived Subaru ruggedness I was looking for.

XT-acceleration. Easy to drive & park in less then ideal driving conditions, rain, snow etc. Great visibility. All Wheel Drive. High ground clearance. Good luggage capacity. True sport utility vehicle- easy to carry surfboards, bikes, snowboards, skis, camping gear, groceries etc.

The interior of the Forester seems dated. It lacks luxury & technology. The interior plastics are cheap & seem to be just thrown in. I already had a gas lever & seat release button pop out. Upgrade the radio & XM antenna. Subaru uses an XM antenna that attaches to the windshield, weak reception

The Best Choice for Us
By Mr.Ranger

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

We purchased two 2010 Forester XT Ltd. w/Nav. My wife and I each have roughly 2000 miles on our Foresters. It's only been a little over three months, but we are very pleased with our Foresters. Our first test drive was in an X Premium model which we would have bought, but then we drove the XT. The trade-off of slightly lower gas mileage is easily forgotten when you step on the throttle. Visibility is excellent, and the ride is comfortable and quiet. The Forester has very good road manners, although, a stiffer rear sway bar is in order to reduce some of the body roll. Pot holes and road imperfections are no problem as the suspension soaks them up easily. Great car. Excellent value!

Turbo charged engine. 27 MPG Hwy. Panoramic Sunroof. Sporty styling. Navigation/Bluetooth/iPod interface/graphical display. Leather heated seats. Ride comfort. Ample cargo area. Headlights. Fit and finish.

Raise the height of the front passenger's seat or make it height adjustable. Better sounding factory radio. A little less body roll.

Great for the $$$$
By Mark Mandell

2010 Subaru Forester SUV 2.5XT Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

For awhile took some adjusting on my part because I often made the error of having the gearshift in the "sport" mode and was overtaxing the gas mileage by doing so. When I finally corrected that (grateful to my salesman for that) I simply shifted the gear to the correct position and that made all the difference. Being this car is an AWD and has the turbo feature, it handles all the roads very smoothly. Can even drive quite fast and wouldn't notice the difference. Not sure whether having a 5th gear would make a difference as many others have commented about. The factory installed radio is weak but I experienced the same thing with my last car, a Volvo.

Driving at any speed and on any terrain, rear view mirror(good because it cuts out glare from vehicle lights behind). Like the turbo too.

A 5th gear if in fact that would improve the gas mileage.