Used 2012 smart fortwo passion coupe Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 smart fortwo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific fortwo model:

Great little car!!!
By frugaldave1298

2012 smart fortwo Hatchback passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

Got this as a commuter car for my wife's 13 mile commute. Only 400 miles so far, but last 2 fill ups have netted 43mpg (mostly hwy) and 39 (50/50). The good thing about these mpg numbers coming from someone who has had both a 2001 Honda INsight and 2007 Civic Hybrid...is that you DON'T have to try to get good mpg in this car. It just happens =) We have the Passion coupe with the wide wheels. Really though, this is a great 2nd car. You can drive it when you need to to save on gas and easier parking...and save your larger car for use only when needed. It makes perfect sense. Yeah, the transmission is a little funky, but you're used to it in no time, never feel underpowered, etc.

The interior layout with the panoramic sunroof makes it very pleasant. Like the Aux jack AND the USB port. Can control the music from my wireless phone using the stereo control buttons keeping me out of trouble with the police! Easy to get in and out of. We got the manual steering which is standard...at first you're taken back a bit by the extra effort required at the steering wheel driving under 3pmh or so, but get used to it rapidly. LIke the fold flat front seat and hatch glass if loading in larger items like a surfboard, etc. This car is seriously more versatile than wou'd think. Also digging the tailgate for just relaxing on on a nice day. Holds 220lbs which is plenty for me

Maybe a proper manual transmission, but I don't really mind. Also, a slightly lower profile might be nice for improved aero...but that would be for future models. We leased ours, so maybe something better will be out in 3 years. But we love our SMART already. I guess it would be nice if the seats reclined just a bit further.