Bought a 4 y/o Scion
By Robert V on
2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I have been driving minivans for years. A few months ago, lost one because it was totaled. My wife was tired of mom-mobile and wanted something "cute." After reading a lot of reviews, we narrowed it down to used xB or a new Cube or Soul. I found a nice xB on Craigslist and bought it last week in Dallas, drove it home to Atlanta. First thing I love is the fuel mileage. In traffic, I got about 30MPG. Cruising at 70mph on highway, got 40MPG (240 miles/ 6.2 gals). Interior is roomy and comfy. Cool, or "cute" factor is incomparable. Yes, it is square shaped, and yes, wind noise is slightly louder than minivans-but, it is not bad.
Favorite Features
The Pioneer stereo has an option that lets you change the background color on screen-very cool. Favorite "real" feature is the cargo room. Fold the seats down and you can fit lots of stuff back there (I use it to deliver cakes). When I have no deliveries, it goes around corners like a sports car!
Suggested Improvements
The new body style is nice. But, I am much happier with this "older" version. If Toyota did it all over again, I would say they should do something about the body noise and the wind noise.