2005 Scion Xb
By Mark on
2005 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
With the gas prices on the rise, I quickly got tired of spending so much $$ on gas.. As I was researching used cars with good gas economy, I had found 2 cars that I liked. After doing more research on the Xb and finding out this model was first sold in Japan in 2000, it became a popular car. Saw all the great reviews and finally went for the plunge. The unorthodox design of the car reminds me of the compacts you would normally see in Japan. I test drove both auto and manual and was surprised that this compact had decent power. The manual transmission which has a high gear ratio which helps tremendously for acceleration. I ended up picking up a nice used one from a local Toyota dealer.
Favorite Features
Exterior look of the car, reminds me of driving through the streets of Japan. Interior is great with a lot of room and head space. Factory audio isn't too bad. You can't complain too much when you can crank the AC and still get 28MPG+ whether on street or highway and spend <10gal of gas to fill up
Suggested Improvements
The two main complaints I have is no factory cruise control and sunroof. Both of these options would of made this car even better. All that headroom and no option for a sunroof? For something so small, they couldn't of added cruise control? Last, an arm rest that you can put items in.