Too Cheap!
By Bob on
2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I wanted Toyota quality, what I got was Toyota cheap! This car has too much plastic (for example, its all along the sides below the door and quarter panels), too much emphasis on youth chic and not enough hallmark Toyota quality. No wonder they invented a new brand. The radio pops whenever you turn it on after a short delay because of poor integration of the factory amplifier option. This occurs on every Scion with a factory installed amp. When I first got it, the radio popped every time I changed stations! It also has cheap sheet metal that pops from the slightest pressure. I thought I was going to dent the hood, hatchback and doors a couple of times when I first waxed it. The whole roof is glass. On the plus side it is fun to drive.
Favorite Features
I like the sporty looks, handling, wheels, 5-speed manual transmission and iPod compatibility (although the implementation is not as good as it could be).
Suggested Improvements
Increase the quality; for instance don't make the buyer install the floor mat hooks. Use better sheet metal. Pay attention to the minor details, like adding auto open/close to sun roof, the capability is on the windows, why not on the sunroof? Provide better integration of the accessories.