There really is no other
By chas on
1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe
My first Porsche, hopefully not my last. I'm not sure I can describe just how powerful an experience it is to drive a car like this every day. This is my regular driver, 3-4 days a week to work and back. I dropped a fair amount of money on it in my first year of ownership, but nothing I had to fix or upgrade was especially unreasonable. The Porsche 911 requires careful attention in its maintenance, but the rewards are very great: no other car makes you a part of the machine the way the 993 911 does. It's an experience every driver should have. My car has 112K miles on it, and it's running like a watch now. I just cross my fingers that no more expensive trolls show up soon
Favorite Features
Looks. Sound. Overall driving experience is unique. Smells like leather and burnt oil. Can't beat that. Reliability has been excellent, if pricey to maintain compared to your typical Japanese sport coupe.
Suggested Improvements
None. This is a classic, last of its kind, and well worth the cost of ownership to me. Just make SURE you get yours thoroughly inspected before you buy!! By a mechanic who REALLY knows what they're doing. And make sure you understand this car. There's a lot to know. It has its idiosyncrasies.