Great car for great price!
By blargal on
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I was on the search for a car for two weeks and almost bought a Mazda3 so glad I didn't! This little car is very well made and i've always loved pontiacs as my first car was one and never had an issue with it till it got in an accident. I thought i couldn't afford this car when I first test drove it but I got it right in my price range per month had great credit and apr and I knocked them down to 13grand :) basicly for the price you just can't beat the deal on a reliable car like this. Oh I chose the GT model cause thats what I have...but its an auto but has the option to switch to manual sooo 5 speed manual? only option they had lol.
Favorite Features
I LOVE the dashboard, was weary of it when I saw it online but in person its very nice looking with the white and red and the design! I like the extra features of moon roof, auto lights, great sound system, mp3 adapter and all the little areas to put things in :) don't let the outside make you think this small car is compact its anything but, its more roomy then my old ford tauras! As I said great car for the price if your interested in a nice small hatchback look into these they are rare on the road and cheeper to get right now cause they are a pontiac :)
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius isn't all to great, fine for the road but for turning around or getting out of tight spaces it takes a lot of shifting its about the same as my 02 ford taurus which is kinda sad really. PAINT!!!! One thing to watch out for when buying one of these cars is it seems they used cheep paint I have it in writing that mine will get detailed for free but there is A LOT of deep scratches and pot marks (like if a rock hits it) so be prepaired unlike I was to possibly get it painted if the dealer won't do it. Blind spots are large while trying to merge to a new lane, large mirrors help but not fully.