2005 Pontiac Grand Prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:
Good Car
By Anthony on 08/16/05 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since we bought the car it has never been back for any type of warranty work or any other repairs. Workmanship is excellent. We just change the oil, refuel the car and drive it. Handling is good and it drives well. We like the style, both interior and exterior, very functional. Good car.

Great Car
By paintdude on 08/14/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car as a used program unit..What a great car. Comfort is bar none, the seats are awesome. Brakes are excellent,steering is excellent. The electronic features are just awesome...The more I drive it the more I like it..We just love this car..

great value
By docV8 on 08/07/05 21:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had to go a ways to find this car, but it was worth it. I was looking at this or a BMW 545, and this took the cake (yes, really). Interior feels wonderful, exterior is beautiful. Power is everywhere. Despite what journalists are saying, torque steer has not occured yet, but for one time when it was floored at 10 MPH on uneven pavement. All I had to do was hang on tighter. Rear drive cars will break traction and get all twisted up (slip/regrip/lurch)if you floor it on uneven pavement, so what's the big deal? I guess some self proclaimed 'enthusiasts' like to kick out the rear end around corners, but if you ask me, I'd rather stay pointed where I want to go. Back seats are great too.

It's a gas hog but fun to drive
By AK Milwaukee on 08/04/05 14:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm not getting anywhere close to the posted EPA estimates but the sound, power, and handling far outweigh the 21 mpg I average, (and that's driving it sanely!) with 60% hwy and 40% city driving. It pulls a little when doing heavy braking but torque steer on acceleration is minimal. Roomy and comfortable on the inside but I don't understand why Pontiac can't give this car memory settings for the seats - my husband is 6' 4" and I'm 5' 5" - tough to exchange drivers. Also, some gas pedal extension would be nice. For the price I think this car is a great value. I switched from a 2002 Chrysler 300 M and am glad I did.

Not your typical boring 4 door
By Mark Moody on 07/31/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased an 05 Grand Prix GT great car at a great price with the employee discount saved almost $7000.00.This is my second Grand Prix GT we also have an 02 which after 75000 miles has yet to give us any problems.I test drove many other cars but came back to Pontiac.For the money I couldn`t find a better equipped car.The Grand Prix GT for us is a nice combination of good looks power and reliability.

Absolute Beauty
By L C on 07/27/05 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car thrives on the lead foot driver that can resist temptation. This car can also double as a contemporary family sedan.

Huge Fun to Drive
By Naples, FL on 07/23/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

0-60 in under 6 sec, pretty impressive for a 4 door grocery getter. The engine makes beautiful music, unmistakable V8 growl from the tailpipes. Very responsive handling while not completely sacrificing a comfortable ride-the engineers found a good balance. Pontiac is marketing more stuff to the enthusiast lately, they can be proud of this one.

Mid Life Dream Car
By jammerman on 07/19/05 22:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Saw the Grand Prix GT at Auto Show, loved the sportiness, but didn't buy - boy am I glad! When GM offered the employee pricing, discovered Pontiac had released a more sporty, upscale GXP - basically a GT with the V8 and all the sporty options (mags, chrome highlights, etc.) with the slightly lowered profile, this car screams speed! Everyone on my friends are green with envy. Nice throatty growl, instrument cluster well placed. TAP shifter makes it a fun cruiser.

Eye-Catcher
By Thunder on 07/19/05 10:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Blue-Green Crystal gets lots of compliments in parking lots, gas stations, etc. Great performance, but if the idea for bigger tires in the front really was to reduece torque steer, I don't notice much improvement over my former '98 GTP. Still, be aware of it and it's not a problem. Very solid ride with little or no body lean into corners. City mileage hasn't worked out as advertised yet, though I only have 600 miles on it, so far. Hopefully it'll get better than the current 14 mpg after a couple of thousand miles. Highway miles are decent (26mpg) and should also improve, soon. HUD is much better and more informative than older models. Exhaust? Aaaah, sounds like my old Z- 28.

GXP Black
By tonyGXP on 07/17/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My gxp is loaded without navi, what can i say?? Go and drive one!!! Its nicer than anything in its class, foreign & domestic. Fast, handles like its on rails, stops better than any car i've ever driven, i get compliments on this car without people even looking on the inside ( exhaust especially)how & why would you buy an accord or camry or an impala ss (even with a v8) i paid 27k for mine sticker was $33,396, beat it, you won't be able to.