2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

It does it's job
By mel126

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my used 2014 sentra after having awful luck with old used cars bought out right. With big expectations I was let down. I've always had 99-05 Hondas and they performed great. This car is great for a new driver or a commuter car but not for high speed travel or busy city driving. Awful pickup, seriously has the worst pickup. Takes probably a whole minute to get from 30 mph to 60. Handling and suspension is "okay", was definitely expecting more from nissan. I was also expecting more interior features. The SV is supposed to be the in between model, it does not come with Bluetooth or other system controls most base models come with today. To say the least, I am let down.

Interior design, interior lighting.

Pickup, increase horsepower, better suspension.

Perfect tool for the job.
By zippy81

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

There is always a perfect tool for the job at hand. If you want to tear up a mountain road, buy a sports car. If you want to cruise the highway in tomb like silence, buy a big luxo cuiser. My Sentra is a quiet , comfortable, efficient car that can be fun in sport mode. It looks great in silver, more expensive than it was, not like a boy racer car. The CVT works well, I have rented many cars with CVTs and my Sentra does what it should...very well.

Smooth quiet ride, dual zone climate control. Styling. Sport Mode

More storage compartments

Excellent ride.
By chuckv192

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Okay. For all the people that complain about engine/transmission noise all the time I want to tell you that you are driving it wrong.If you floor the car of course its going to make noise. If you drive sensibly the car is extremely quiet and has an incredible ride. In terms of convenience hopping into this car and going from point A to point B is a delight. Getting in and out is effortless, there is ample headroom and the car is extremely spacious. I have not had any stuttering issues at 13,000 miles. The car hasn't had a single issue either. Fuel economy is great and the sport mode does make the car kind of fun. I never use Eco. I bought the car for 16,700 new.

LED lights, Grown up styling, Premium cloth interior is gorgeous. I would buy this Sentra compared to the base Altima simply because the interior is that classy.

Arm rest should be bigger, More HP would be nice but the car cruises at highway speeds just fine and can speed up nicely.

If you're under 30 and have no kids don't even look at this car.
By czr71

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Don't ever buy this car! Unless if you like boring and unoriginal! There is nothing that makes this car special and way too much money for what you get! I'm 20 years old and this car makes me look like a soccer mom. If you actually want to buy this car because you think it looks cool, then I'm sorry, but i will pray for you. This car is almost as bad as buying a camry! If you're wondering why i even have this its because i needed a co signer and my parents wouldnt help with anything else. Dont ever do this to your kids especially if you know theyll pay for it, but now that i have a 670 credit score i wont ever need them again. I hate this car

Alright I'm going to be completely honest i flippin hate this car but for the sake of the review ill start with what i like about it, just to be fair. gas mileage is not so bad i average about 28 mpg. Rear view camera is a huge plus because i l ive in a sub- division and kids are always running around. Last thing it's that im glade it comes with premium wheels and not those cheap auto zone hub caps!

Now to the fun stuff, since it took me fforever to think of good things. Acceleration is so underwhelmingly slow its almost unbearable. The navigation and bluetooth stereo on this thing is so unreliable, a lot of times this thing just shuts off! Earlier i said it had pretty good mpg but i was promissed 30-40 mpg! I'm 6 ft tall amndthis thing sucks even for me, I'm nothing tall! I can't even finish a bottle of water without having to awkwardly move around so the bottle doesnt hit the ceiling! Every time i lookn at this thing i want to cry because i should have kept my 2002 passat instead, that car hadn't features than this p.o.s!

Love it
By vlkins

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for almost 6 months. It has driven me back and forth from SC to Ohio no problem. I really like the sport mode, makes the acceleration comparable to my 04 Camry I had prior. Only downfall is the aforementioned rubber band effect with CVTs. It takes a second to accelerate and get where I need to be unless I floor it, which I really don't like to do. I've used eco mode and it's been fine, no issues. There were a few times when in sport mode that the RPMs stayed fairly high while decelerating. I've had no issues, great gas mileage and it's a beautiful car inside and out. For the money I paid, I'm very pleased and I got exactly what I expected for the price.

Radio, display, LED lights, sports/eco mode and glove compartment space and floor lighting. Very spacious.

More room for the center console, and a slightly better engine performance would be ideal.