2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Worst Decision Ever
By never_again10 on 06/30/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this 2014 Sentra SR a few months back and within minutes of leaving the dealership I noticed the Shutter/Shudder/Jutter whatever you want to call it. 3 Nissan Dealerships and 200+ technician driven miles later and they still can't come up with a fix. I contacted Nissan North America about a month ago and have been going back and forth with the rudest, most incompetent customer service agents ever. Not only are they impolite and discourteous, but they actually have the nerve to talk down to you like you're some kind of idiot. Anyways, I'll keep everyone here in the loop as this process plays out. In the meantime, AVOID NISSAN LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Go to another brand, any other brand!
By objon on 06/17/14 18:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have had this car for almost three months and I regret that decision every day. This car is doing the juttering that has been described by other reviewers. The standard line from the dealer is that it is designed to do that. Can't imagine why a manufacturer designed a transmission to vibrate. The icing on the cake is a leaky sunroof. Not talking about leaking in a carwash, this thing leaks whenever it rains. Once again, the dealer says that it is working as designed. The car "quality" is suspect and the service department is a joke. Avoid this car!

So far we like it
By steveh552 on 05/27/14 15:16 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first brand new car so maybe I am biased but we like our 2014 Sentra. I bought the car April 29 2014 and have driven nearly 2500 miles in a month. Not much road noise, it gets up to speed and cruises just fine, great MPG and I find it comfortable. I have read people complain about the car being underpowered but if you test drove it before buying it, you knew what you were getting. Driving around 100 miles round trip per day all highway and its great.

Avoid like the plague!
By 1angryconsumer on 04/04/14 10:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car about 3 months ago. When I test drove it I didn't notice anything unusual. But after about a week of driving I noticed the car starts to "shudder" when slowing down to a stop or creeping in traffic. Every day, every time. It will keep it up until you either stop or accelerate. The CVT operates at two levels for 2014, basically Low and Drive. It's not dropping out of Drive to Low, causing terrible shuddering in the CVT. Nissan calls it "Juttering." So it's a known issue! I've been to the dealer 3X. Nissan Corporate Consumer and Regional Techs have been involved and say it's "normal." Really? That's BS, inexcusable and very poor engineering. This CVT is a disaster! AVOID

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Sentra Sedan in VA is:

$169 per month*