Used 2006 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Hidden Transmission warranty
By My2006

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

OK, need some Karma so thought I'd take the time to post.

My wife's 2006 Murano with ~115K on it had the transmission die.

IIRC, Nissan has a free Extended Warranty added to all 2003 (?) - 2009 or 2010 Murano's transmissions.

My $4000 Dealer price replacement ended up being free.

Did have a minor problem as my wife's Murano was a Japanese Manf. vehicle, and the VIN had aged out of their system. Took a day or so for the Dealer (Napa Ca ended up being the most helpfuly and did the work) to get it pulled back from HQ database.

This isn't exactly advertised as far as I know, or at least not widely.

This covers only the transmission, and is valid for Murano's with 10 years/120K or less.

Here is the notice actually: http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2

Was initially PO'd as wife had given me her car as we've moved from NorCal to WNY and the AWD was a prime feature.
Very nice that Nissan recognized the problem with early CVT introduction to their line, and didn't screw over their customers.

2006 nissan murano
By veronica omalley

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Make sure you have the car checked out before making a commitment in buying the vehicle. These cars are traded in from someone else, then is not fully checked out by the person selling the vehicle. Too high priced for one thing, and also the mileage on this 2006 Nissan murano is too high for the cost of buying the car. It is a nice looking car inside and out but had a brake problem squelching when stopping which the seller was willing to fix if buying the Murano. Not good gas mileage according to the rating on the web. Only 20 in city and 25 highway if that. The vehicle is too heavy and is the reason for the low mileage. It was fully loaded and that was the reason for the price of 8,995.00 which I thought was too high in price. Still checking other vehicles out to make sure I want this car or not. What is your opinion on what I quoted.?

Very Pleased Overall -- CVT Not So Much
By Gene

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We like this car! Overall fine repair record; nice ride; great flexibility for load carrying. Just two complaints -- the CVT and the rooftop rack. Around 75,000 miles, the CVT started to show problems, specifically failure to upshift and revving up to 3K rpm or more at 20 or more MPH (unable to drive faster -- just revved faster). Of course, this was sporadic and never showed itself when taken to the dealership until the day when it finally appeared and I drove it over, revving mightily all the way. Nissan replaced the transmission under warranty. The CVT has always been functional but rather halting -- don't really care for it. The other complaint applies not only to the Murano (a humorous note -- the spellchecker highlights Murano as a misspelling and offers the alternatives "Moreno" and "Murine") but to many other SUV's of all brands. The rooftop luggage rack consists of two rails parallel to the long axis of the car, but does not have an essential transverse front rail. Stylish, but of absolutely no value when trying to prevent a load (a fresh-cut Christmas tree is a case in point) from sliding backward. You need to faster a load to a front rail to prevent it fro sliding backward. Style, but no substance. Overall, a fine vehicle and my third Nissan.

I am so very sworry to have to say goodbye
By michael hudson

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

i purchased this scar with 71 miles on it.
It was the 1st new car I ever bought,although I have owed several Z cars a 240 2 plus 2 a 260 and a 280, in fact my first car was a datsun wagon.

The Murano has been the best.
i purchased warranty and most work was done at Nissan.
After the warranty ran out I used the mehcacai cI have use for 13 years

ENGINE BLOWN AT 88,000 MILES!
By PJB in San Diego

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Found out yesterday that the vehicle love of my life has dying engine and blown front and rear exhaust manifolds.....estimate for repairs....$13,000! Engine had less than 1/2 quart of oil after 3300 miles since last oil change. Sick to my stomach. I've loved everything about this SUV and have taken impeccable care of it - mechanically, interior, exterior. Just last week had 2 different friends ask me if I got a new car!