2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
My Maxima
By Sheliteful on 11/16/09 00:24 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car for 9,000 in Jan 2006, it had 80,000 miles and was in exceptional shape, clean engine, clean interior with a couple of superficial tiny scratches. It now has over 104,00 miles on it and this year marked the first time i had to have any work done ....New Alternator, belts & battery, pretty good considering the battery and belts were the originals along with the alternator. Its a great car, rides smooth, can hardly hear the engine, everything still works...a/c, steering wheel audio control and cruise control. The headlamps do tend to cloud & I feel they are a not as bright as they should be.The front passenger window moves up and down extremely slow (Has since i bought it)

RG 1 Maxima
By Rick on 07/01/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

During the 8 years I have owned since new, I have put new brakes once, new tires twice, one new radiator at 150000 miles and now the struts need replacing. If this were a ford focus or whatever it would now be around in this good a condition. Also my actual miles per gallon is city 21 highway 27

Very Dissapointed
By Corey on 11/27/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never thought I would write a bad review for a Maxima. I bought this car as a certified used car with 60k and 2 years old. As soon as the warranty ran out the lights on the Bose stereo as well as the component lights went out. The passenger window will not roll up. The leather is tearing in the front seats. The steering makes a turkey noise. The front and rear brakes and shocks went out at the same time but probably was due for service. Great engine I have had no problems with it. The power is great as long as you don't have 4 people in there. This is my 3rd maxima and the others lasted to 200k miles, this one will not.

Rocket Update
By rudepuppy on 03/03/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Original review 02-14-2003. A very good car, now with 64,000 miles. I dropped my comfort rating from 9 to 8 because I have tired of the firm ride. Economy rating from 9 to 8 because we avg. 24 mpg, down from 27 mpg first 3 years. Quality rating from 10 to 9 - anyone else have peeling paint? I washed the car this week, and paint is coming off the hood in quarter sized pieces - NOT GOOD! We'll see how Nissan stands behind their cars now.

A front-drive Bimmer
By David Jones on 12/22/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Maxima and finally found a great deal on a 5sp GXE. obviously the nissan V6 is well known and i can feel all 222hp and 210lbft of torque in any gear. The clutch took awhile to master and the shift throws are a bit long and notchy but the power makes shifting largely optional anyway. Interior build quality could be better in places but the overall design is just right. Interior room and fuel economy are excellent, although the latter is balanced out by the need for 91 octane fuel. Exterior design is unique, though not quite beautiful. After driving 7000 mi, the car now has 52,500 mi and has needed only a reflash of the catalytic converter (covered under warranty).

Love this car
By Brad H on 04/22/05 07:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability so far. Car has 55K miles. Left front tie rod has worn and required replacement. Otherwise, no other mechanical issues.

30th anniversary CAR
By cestob on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What I like best about this car is that all models (GXE, GLE and SE) were treated equally, at least engine wise, which is where it matters. It has a very powerful 235hp V6 engine for all models, and it's wonderful to feel that red line to the top. It handles wonderful too, it has a sporty look on the front, so if someone ahead of you sees you from their rearview mirror they see the muscle car front of your car. But once you pass them all they see is a more classy kind of look of your car. I purchased this car 'cause being a 30th anniversary car I knew the workers at nissan would do a better job, and they certainly did, not a single problem since I bought it.

Not the Best Car in the World
By Scott15 on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This '01 GXE was my first new car. Problem is, now I'm having lots of little problems w/it. First off, the rear shocks bottom out over speed bumps. I took it in under warrenty and they played stupid like nothing was wrong. Then the CD player quit working. It just gives me an error msg. The steering wheel radio controls only work when it's hot outside.

My Nissan
By Peter Odgen stiers on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just adore my 2001 Nissan Maxima as well as my wife's Nissan Pathfinder. We love our cars a hole lot excpecaily mine.

Big Boi's Review
By Big Boi on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car has everything you want in a sport sedan. speed, acceleration, great suspension and amzing looks