Worst car I have ever owned!! Hate, hate, hate it!!!
By okcowner on
2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Mitsubishi has lost many sales as people have seen all of the problems that I have had with my car. I have had the car for a little more than four years. The transmission went out around 90K and was very expensive to fix. The air conditioner compressor does not work. The roof leaks and my radio will not work. I had to replace the rims because they ALL cracked. The life of the tires is always short even with regular alignments and balancing. My gear shift broke and is made up of cheap plastic pieces. The dashboard is cracked and rattles when I get above 50 mph. About a year into owning the car, I discovered that when it is cold the car will not shift out of park. Total junk!!!
Favorite Features
When the car runs, it is fun to drive. The car looks nice when pieces of the car are not falling apart. I always get lots of comments on how nice it looks. The radio sounded nice (6 disc changer too) until it broke shorted out from the leaky roof. I am using my cell phone and Pandora as a radio now. The air worked well too until the compressor broke.
Suggested Improvements
I ran out of room in my review. Mitsubishi needs to work on its transmissions so they are more reliable. Everyone that I know of that has a Spyder says that the roof leaks. There are multiple electric problems with this car. Also all six spark plugs should be accessible without removing the manifold. Every part on this car is expensive and as soon as I think the problems are fixed, something else breaks!!!! This was not a cheap car to buy and it has cost me in excess of 10K in car repairs. The engine light has constantly been on since I have owned the car (and yes O2 sensor has been replaced more than once along with other electrical issues).